Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

96'' from hell

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2013, 03:01 PM
Dynam1te
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 96'' from hell

I can't think of any real way to ask this... I have had a few experiences lately with this motor that have blown me away. I have done a mild stage 1 on my bike so far, rush 2.25 slip ons, a/c and pcv tuned map from fuel moto. I noticed a good difference with it added but not HUGE. Well, it was a big enough difference that I could beat my buddys fat bob pretty easily. Also stage 1. Well I didn't think much of it until the other day I went on a ride with my bud and his wide glide 103, recently cammed SE255, stage 1 as well.
I have been looking at cams and he insisted I try out his bike to get a feel for it, so he took mine and off we went. I could tell a decent difference on his bike, it felt nice and I thought I would be impressed when we did a couple launches at the light... Well, HE BEAT ME TWICE!! ON MY BIKE!! I was shocked, just as he was!! So we switched back, Same result. He asked if I had hid the fact I had done other engine mods, which I havent... To say the least I was just as surprised. I say this in all humility... But how is this possible???
My initial reaction was, damn do those cams even make a difference?? And if so enough to even bother adding them? I want to know if any of you have had any similar experiences with getting power like that out of a stage 1? Or how much of a difference cams really made? I know numbers and dynos dont lie, and he's easily got probably 90/100 hp/tq But I'm at a loss to figure this out...
Any Ideas??

Old 03-14-2013, 03:11 PM
Cascade
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dynam1te
.....Any Ideas??
Your bike is black, black is always faster.

Old 03-14-2013, 03:18 PM
Spud17
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Maybe he has a bad tune or none at.

Old 03-14-2013, 03:26 PM
128auto
Extreme HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Wait till you ride my 96/TW-555/PV, you will see the difference, pulling my arms.
We always want more, don't we? I was thinking to do a 107 and some head works but now I am happy with the cams alone, might change my mind.

Old 03-14-2013, 03:53 PM
Lmartinswish
Intermediate

Im with Cascade on this. Blacks always faster!

Old 03-14-2013, 04:11 PM
Dynam1te
Road Warrior

Haha I wish I could say the black helped. Both other bikes were black as well. Has anyone who has installed the cams say their overall acceleration was about the same, or only moderately different? I know they can feel different, and the dyno can say your number are up, But overall how much faster would you say it was??

Old 03-14-2013, 04:12 PM
Dynam1te
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by 128auto
Wait till you ride my 96/TW-555/PV, you will see the difference, pulling my arms.
We always want more, don't we? I was thinking to do a 107 and some head works but now I am happy with the cams alone, might change my mind.
True, maybe I should look at different cams... Because if thats all the 255's are like, I wouldn't bother with em...

Old 03-14-2013, 04:13 PM
f-250ford
Cruiser

I bet whoever did the cam swap on his bike didn't change the power band. I know when I added the Se 255 to my wideglide I had to go with the red power band and now I can't keep the front wheel down.

Old 03-14-2013, 04:16 PM
Northbound Southerner
Elite HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by f-250ford
I bet whoever did the cam swap on his bike didn't change the power band. I know when I added the Se 255 to my wideglide I had to go with the red power band and now I can't keep the front wheel down.

Old 03-14-2013, 05:24 PM
stilup
Road Warrior
Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

I'm putting more black on my bike.
I just have a stage 1 with the Cobra autotune.
I installed the 2 into 1 exhaust first then the tuner and the intake together last.
That was a big improvement with the seat of your pants feeling.
I easily beat my friends 2012 dyna 103 with a stage 1 setup.
I need a good reason to spend for a cam upgrade.
First off for me to change timing I would have to have my timing changed other than the autotuner as it only adjust fuel mix and that would cost more than I want to spend for the gain.
I'm getting a little older now and happy with 125 mph.

Quick Reply: 96'' from hell