Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Patriot Pipes

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2013, 11:33 AM
Eviloompa
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Patriot Pipes

It's kinda too late cause I got one on the way but I was wondering if anyone has purchased or heard of what kind of quality these pipes are. I'm new to these forums and new to owning a Harley so I'm probably going to end up starting a bunch of stupid threads to go along with stupid questions. Please be patient.....LOL

Old 03-16-2013, 03:51 PM
Eviloompa
Stage IV

Please tell me this is not going to be another one of those forums where everybody looks at a thread and nobody has anything to say????

Old 03-16-2013, 04:41 PM
HrdNox
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 213 Likes on 183 Posts

Ok...Did a quick search (online) found them to have some issues with that flagellating flapper inside of em..Not all but some..Sometimes the prob showed itself early and some after a few yrs...But hey,Ive seen worse for more coin.Not a bad looking pipe.Ditch the heat shields.They may turn out to be a decent pipe..

Old 03-17-2013, 03:56 PM
HD7585
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I've been running them for years.....my first set (chrome) ....the trap door developed a rattle after a year, my second set (black) They have modified the trap door shaft with a spring that keeps vibration from developing the rattle......problem solved. Quality seems very good to me, I love the look and sound. They are stainless steel

Old 03-17-2013, 05:54 PM
arejay86
Cruiser

as far as questions go, being new and all, use your search bar at the top. lots of times you'll find more stuff from a year or 2 ago that maybe what your looking for. Lots of times too, as people see lots of the same questions being repeated, they may or may post if its a question they've answered multiple times.

That and also, there were some great builders that are no longer on here, but by searching you can see what they did and it can help you that way.

Do you have a Service Manual? if not, get one. it'll be the best 50-60 bucks you'll EVER spend on your bike.
What kind of bike are you ridin?

Old 03-18-2013, 06:28 PM
Eviloompa
Stage IV

Thanx for the input guys, I picked up a 98 Wide Glide last year in July, it's my first street bike and so far I've had a great time riding it. I'm in the process of making it look alittle better than what it did when I bought it, I don't have a $h!t ton of money to sink into it but I do want it too look nice, getting ready to swap out the lower sliders for some chrome ones I picked up on eBay for $190 shipped......anybody know what weight oil I should use? I can't wait to get the pipes and then get 'em on and jet it right, hope it's just a main change and not the pilot too......Look at me fishin for answers to more questions........LOL

I'll get some pics up of it when I can and post'em on Wide Glide Roll Call

Last edited by Eviloompa; 03-18-2013 at 06:30 PM.