Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why the difference between Fat Bob and Street Bob

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2013, 07:20 PM
thumbs1
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why the difference between Fat Bob and Street Bob

I rode a Street Bob 103 with forward controls today right after riding a 103 Fat Bob with forward controls. When I get the rpm to 23-24 hundred rpm the Fat Bob is smooth as silk. Under it has a little vibration but not a lot. Now with the Street Bob it never stopped vibrating. Changing rpm or gears it just vibrated from O to 70mph. I asked the Harley guys and they had no idea. Anyone know??

thanks

Old 03-16-2013, 08:07 PM
Lmartinswish
Intermediate

Street bobs are better looking. Hands down. Never ridden a Fat bob, but seriously, may have had something to do with when the shop put it together out the crate. The first day I got my SB I had it upto 130mph on the freeway and I had never felt more comfortable

Old 03-16-2013, 08:19 PM
PowerGuy
Cruiser
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

The only time my SB vibrates is when it's standing still at idle, under load and on the road it's a smooth ride.

Old 03-16-2013, 08:20 PM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Agree with Lmartin I've rode a SB a few hundred miles and it was smooth as glass, as for looks well, to each his own!

Old 03-16-2013, 08:21 PM
thumbs1
Novice

Yeah I was surprised. Both the bikes are factory bikes meaning they are here at Daytona for bike week as demmos. I would have thought HD would have these things runnin right. No question the SB vibrated like hell in all gears and all rpm. Again I was surprised. You have head the phrase made you teeth chatter? Well that's the vibration on the SB. I also rode a 96 SB and it did the same thing. The FB had a little low end vibration but like I said at 23 or 24 hundred rpm settled down and was smooth. In fact I also rode a Yamaha Raider and the Raider had more vibration than the FB at cursing speed. Hope this isn't a luck of the draw thing. My entire body would be asleep on the SB I rode in about 30 minutes.

The FB had a little vibration while idling but the SB was bad.

Last edited by thumbs1; 03-16-2013 at 08:23 PM.
Old 03-16-2013, 08:22 PM
target64
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts

as far as handling the fatbob rules!!!

Old 03-16-2013, 08:27 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Could be the demo thing. There's no telling what people do to these bikes.

The only difference in the stock power train is the exhaust.

Old 03-16-2013, 08:38 PM
thumbs1
Novice

Yeah probably something goofy. I do like the SB but I have to do some distance rides. The rideing position on the SB catches a lot of wind and I could feel myself pushin to stay in position on the bike. I know a wind shield would probably do the trick.. For me the FB felt like an extension of myself. For me just felt more natural. I got on the thing and had no problems leanin it over to take turns at speed. Just felt like it wanted me to push it. I liked the SB's but it was a shame these particular ones were so rough.

Old 03-16-2013, 09:49 PM
thumbs1
Novice

Hey you guys that have the 96ci engine. Do they run pretty smooth? Just wondering if there is a big difference between the 96 and the 103.

Old 03-16-2013, 09:53 PM
deuce_streetbob
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I haven't put a ton of miles on my sb yet, but I have been thoroughly impressed with how smooth and easy to handle it has been. My last bike was a deuce, which I loved too, but if I had to choose between the two, I would have to say the bob is a better ride. I have noticed a bit more vibration while standing still at idle, but once moving its as smooth as can be.

Quick Reply: Why the difference between Fat Bob and Street Bob