Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuner options

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2013, 12:03 AM
EastBay_Solo
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Tuner options

Alright guys, I didn't do a search because most the time when I do, I never really get what I'm looking for. So I'm running a thunder max with auto tune and I'm not happy with it. So what other option out there are available ? There's not really any one out here in the east bay to really get in there and make the necessary changes to my map to get where it needs to be. Most shops out here don't have a lot of time with this set up. They also want to charge 500+ to tinker with it. Yeah I know what your thinking run auto tune. Been there done that. Not much change. **** is running super rich. Spark plugs were black. Aside from the fact my rear cylinder is **** from my 95 and cam upgrade. Differnt story for another time. What are you running? What's highly recommended? I'm digging the new power vision. Help me out fellas.

Old 03-19-2013, 12:11 AM
andywe
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PowerVision.

Old 03-19-2013, 12:27 AM
EastBay_Solo
Road Master

@andywe are you running this on your bike? What can you tell me about it?

Old 03-19-2013, 12:46 AM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

+1 for Power Vision. Can't beat the Dynojet support for help getting your map dialed in.

Click here and skip ahead to page 300 or so for other reasons:
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/elect...-by-admin.html

Old 03-19-2013, 12:59 AM
ftwFXD
Intermediate

Im buying a tts mastertune and having RC cycles tune it.

Old 03-19-2013, 01:48 AM
O-Town D
Road Master
Received 61 Likes on 45 Posts

"What are you running? What's highly recommended? I'm digging the new power vision."

By coincidence, I did a cam swap recently and the advice of other HDF members here was to add a tuner asap even though the XIEDs that I were using seemed up to the task. Based on the excellent reviews of users and the fact that Fuel Moto is a sponsor of HDF, I decided to go with the Power Vision PV-1 with a custom tune already downloaded by Jaimie at FM.

Connecting the PV-1 to the bike is very easy. Screen is touch sensitive, and you select from various icons to access different functions of the tuner and your bike. "Flashing" the bike's ECM with the custom tune takes less than a minute, and it also records the OEM map in case you ever need to use it again.

To "fine tune" the custom map FuelMoto suggests running the "AutoTune" program 3 times/sessions at 20 min per session - simply means go take a ride while running the AT program. As I understand it, the PV-1 records certain data during the runs and makes adjustments to the tune that you can then download to the bike's ECM. At the present I have my PV-1 temporarily mounted on top of the tank so that I can perform the AT the next couple of days.

As of right now, the bike runs great. Throttle response is crisp, motor pulls strong, and there is only a small decel pop once in a while - as I continue to run the AT tomorrow I'm hoping the pops completely disappear.

The asking price of the PV-1 is significant, but it's a quality product that produces great results, plus Jaime at FM will always quickly respond to any questions/concerns you may have about the tuner. One other point: the PV-1 has a CD full of more tunes to use should you make make changes to your motor's performance capabilities in the future. And if the CD doesn't do the trick, Power Vision constantly adds new tunes to their MAP library which you can download off their website to accommodate just about any engine mod out there.

Hope that helps - ride safe.
~

Old 03-19-2013, 08:00 AM
Jeff's 1st Harley
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by EastBay_Solo
Alright guys, I didn't do a search because most the time when I do, I never really get what I'm looking for. So I'm running a thunder max with auto tune and I'm not happy with it. So what other option out there are available ? There's not really any one out here in the east bay to really get in there and make the necessary changes to my map to get where it needs to be. Most shops out here don't have a lot of time with this set up. They also want to charge 500+ to tinker with it. Yeah I know what your thinking run auto tune. Been there done that. Not much change. **** is running super rich. Spark plugs were black. Aside from the fact my rear cylinder is **** from my 95 and cam upgrade. Differnt story for another time. What are you running? What's highly recommended? I'm digging the new power vision. Help me out fellas.
I went the way of the fuelpak on my Sportster and learned the hard and expensive way that it was the wrong way to go. If you want your bike to run its best get the SEPST and have it dynoed in. Yeah it is a little pricey, but it is well worth it IMHO.

Old 03-19-2013, 08:26 AM
gatorlaw
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 398 Likes on 124 Posts

I'm going with TTS Master tune, at least that is what Doc said he is putting on. I currently gave a PowerVision but that will be available soon...

Old 03-19-2013, 08:50 AM
JeffKill
Tourer

Another Power Vision user here. No complaints at all. Did auto tune basic 3 or 4 times starting with the map that fuel moto provided, and my bike runs great. At the moment I feel no need to get my bike on a dyno.

Old 03-19-2013, 08:56 AM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member
Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

Love my Power Vision, very user friendly, can keep it pretty simple, a few Autotunes or you can dive in deep to every aspect of your tune. The display on your bike is a big plus too, if you don't mind the geeky look!

Quick Reply: Tuner options