Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street Bob of Fat Bob?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 08:24 AM
Albert F
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Street Bob of Fat Bob?

Hi all,

the local dealer has a 2011 Street Bob with forward controls and blacked out wheels and a stock 2010 Fat Bob. the cost is about the same (+/- $500).

I really like the looks of the street bob but would change out the bars for street slammers. That would be my only mod.

The Fat Bob looks great and has the doubel disc up fron but could not live with the rear fender. I'd be changing that out.

I have seen beutiful SBs and FBs on here and am tepmted by the Street Bob as it will require less work to get it the way I would like. The rear fender in the Fat Bob is a lot more work and cost.

Question is which is the way to go, I'd appreciate people's opinions. BTW I've ridden the FB and liked it and am due to have a go n the SB this weekend.

I would be using the bike as a daily commute 10 miles each way and for spins on the weekend. I don't need a long hauler just yet! Woudl I get bored / uncomfortable on the Street Bob on any great distance?

Al

Old 03-20-2013, 08:48 AM
sharkey
Grand HDF Member
Received 430 Likes on 258 Posts

Been riding Dynas as my main touring mount for years now; frankly I prefer the lighter handling characteristics and I avoid freeways like a plague anyhow. Currently I'm riding a Fat Bob; no problem with the style. like the dual front discs and big front tire; it seems to be steadier on the road compared to a 19" front anyway...but if the Street Bob blows your skirt up then that's the bike for you...

Old 03-20-2013, 09:35 AM
HrdNox
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 213 Likes on 183 Posts

Ride em both and see what you think..Both nice scoots.Plenty of mods for ether one.

Old 03-20-2013, 09:43 AM
128auto
Extreme HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Ask yourself if you like wide glide front end, big front tire and bobtail fender. If you don't then get a streetbob.
You know the answer!

Old 03-20-2013, 09:52 AM
schlacker
Stellar HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Albert F
That would be my only mod.
Really! I find at least 1 mod a day on this forum I would like to do!!!!

Good luck with your decision!

Old 03-20-2013, 10:09 AM
Wide Glide 25
Cruiser

I personally like the bobtail stail fender on the fatbob better. The fatter front tire on the fat bob will handle nicer than the street bob. To each his own. I opted for a wide glide and I don't regret it but the fatter front on a fatbob plus the dual disk brakes make it appealing.

Old 03-20-2013, 11:00 AM
Albert F
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Wide Glide 25
I personally like the bobtail stail fender on the fatbob better. The fatter front tire on the fat bob will handle nicer than the street bob. To each his own. I opted for a wide glide and I don't regret it but the fatter front on a fatbob plus the dual disk brakes make it appealing.
Thanks for the comments so far.

Bar the bobbed fender the Fat Bob would swing it as I liked the way it handled. I have to wait and see about the Street Bob when I get a chance to go on it.

Old 03-20-2013, 11:08 AM
tfalcon
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I was kinda going back and forth on both of them as well. I liked the dual headlights, the dual front disk and the fatter front tire on the fat bob, but hated the rear fender and rims. I ended up with a HD-1 street bob with the drag bars(same as the fat bob) and forward controls with the 103 for cheaper than a stock fat bob. I'm sure you can't go wrong with either one.

Old 03-20-2013, 12:37 PM
! rock103 !
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 174 Likes on 84 Posts

Id personally go with the street bob. I dont like the front end or the back end of the fat bobs. But thats just me. Never liked big wide front tires, and the dual headlight just looks out of place. I prefer the bobbed rear fenders over the long duckbill looking one on the fat bob. Had I not been set on the wideglide front fork width and rake, I would be rocking a street bob.

Old 03-20-2013, 02:08 PM
Id.Fat Bob
Tourer

You know what they say about opinions...everybody's got one! Mine is this! You've got form and you've got function! To me, if I can find a good mixture of both then I'm happy and lucky. The Fat Bob strikes a pose that stirs my soul somehow and the practicality of the bigger front footprint, dual front brakes, fix on the fly tubless tires and drag bars was too much to pass up! I love the look of the rear fender too! There was a time when people spent hours, money and sweat to get that look! Harleys never go out of style 'cause they create it! Harley is building bikes now, off the line, that have the custome look more than ever...a rolling masterpiece! Soooo, if you like function over form, get the FB...if you like form over function then the SB's your ride! Think about it and good luck!

Quick Reply: Street Bob of Fat Bob?