Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Tires

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2013, 06:32 PM
crazyanimal
Road Captain
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Default New Tires

Well,after much debate and research I've finally decided to go with the new Michelin II tires for my bike.I only needed a rear but decided to get the front and start fresh with 2 new tires,I've heard lots of good reviews on these tires,I got a good price so I'm willing to give them a chance,I'll keep everyone posted as to how they perform once there on the bike and get riding,the weather was looking good until we got a couple feet of snow on wednesday,grrrr.Has anyone else gone with these tires and what's your findings so far?

Old 03-22-2013, 06:49 PM
Mike650
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

had them, didnt like. put on metzlers instead. i was having traction problems with mine. their a harder compound so you will get more mileage from them, but id sacrifice miles for traction any day. just not worth it.

Old 03-23-2013, 09:53 PM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member
Received 147 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike650
had them, didnt like. put on metzlers instead. i was having traction problems with mine. their a harder compound so you will get more mileage from them, but id sacrifice miles for traction any day. just not worth it.
Same here.

Old 03-24-2013, 07:14 AM
topdwg
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Same here too.

Old 03-24-2013, 07:52 AM
11bDad
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I replaced my OE Michelin Scorchers with the Commanders last year before a trip to the mountains. I think they handled better in the twisties than the OE tires, and felt smoother. Since almost all of my riding is on straight, flat roads near the coast, I don't get much of a chance to really gauge their handling limits. If you're replacing Scorchers, I'd say they are a better tire. Can't comment or compare them to any other brand.

Old 03-24-2013, 05:40 PM
crazyanimal
Road Captain

Yeah my rear tire is done but will need a front mid season so I just bought both and be done with it,that way I start the season fresh with 2 new tires.I had scorchers on my bike and didn't want to put them back on and have heard a lot of good reviews about the commanderII so time will tell,they should be here next week and then as soon as the weather permits I'll take the bike out and have them installed.

Old 03-24-2013, 06:36 PM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I've always run with stock tires on my fatbob, but am now debating between Mich com II and perelli night dragon tires. Those damn stockers are just too expensive for what they give.

Old 03-29-2013, 10:59 AM
crazyanimal
Road Captain

My new tires arrived yesterday and I must say the tire depth looks awesome alot more tread than the stock scorchers had,they seem more rounded than OE and I think they will look more fuller once there on the rim,some guys are saying they corner really well,I can see why,can't wait to get on my bike.The weather is starting to come around,I did see 4 bikes out yesterday but there is still some water on the roads from the melting snow,it won't be long.Once installed I'll post on the ride.

Old 03-29-2013, 11:47 AM
ravnos5811
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I just ordered a set of Night Dragons for my Fat bob. Tires should be here Monday.

Old 03-29-2013, 02:11 PM
DanDman
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I would like to be able to try two new sets of broken in tires back to back. Any time I get new tires they are way better then the one's I took off.

Quick Reply: New Tires