Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'03 FXDL question

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2013, 02:10 PM
tinguy
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '03 low rider fender swap question HELP!!

currently have an anniversary '03 dyna low rider that i have done many simple mods to, to give the personal touch to my liking mostly cosmetic some mechanical (stage 2 kit)

i am happy with the bike as i have put almost 22k on since i purchased it new, i like the paint and do not want to change it as i think it takes away from the overall appearance being anniversary bike (black/silver) anyways my question is this:

if i can find a wide glide rear fender ( i like the rear fender) in the '03 paint job (vivid black with silver stripes) will the wide glide fender bolt directly without modification to the dyna low rider brackets?

if not what would i need to make that swap?

i know i will need to swap the rear lighting, etc as well as get the tail light kit for the fender, etc

also since my current tail light has all the electronics built into it for the turn signals, etc... can i swap the tail light assembly to the DWG rear light kit or do i need a specific tail light assembly?

sorry for all the questions, but with forums for just about everything out there i figured its best to ask questions from the guys who have actually done this before rather than go to H.D and get the typical "i dont know" answer

thanks in advance.... and fyi if this helps or not, the rear suspension is all stock

thanks,
Ray

Attached Thumbnails '03 FXDL question-bike.jpg  

Last edited by tinguy; 03-24-2013 at 02:38 PM.
Old 03-24-2013, 04:33 PM
Robtarra39
Road Warrior
Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts

Your current taillight will work fine and also your turn signals, the fender itself will bolt right up with no issues, the one thing you will need to purchase is the wideglide fender strut covers, the reason is those are longer and needed to support the light / plate bracket, the black plastic part that holds the taillight and license plate.

Other thing to consider, is the rear mounting hole for the seat is about 2 inches further back, so this will require modding current seat or get a wideglide seat

hope this helps, as I have done this before.