Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Alloy Art Dyna Stabilizer

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2013, 05:49 AM
vdop
Road Master
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by FXD_noob
How well do those stabilizers work? They've always seemed like a gimmick to me BUT to be fair, I've never tried one, so I can't judge. My bike does wobble on corners if I take 'er too fast. Maybe a stabilizer will fix that?
It's not a gimmick. The high speed corner wobble you're feeling is lateral flex of the rubber motor mounts. Erik Buell designed his rubber mounted bikes with triangulated stabilizers for a reason.

The frame clamp deal looks kinda cheesy to me. Probably works fine, just don't really like it.
Not sure why the true track has a bad rep for install. Mine took about 20 minutes, piece of cake.

Old 03-25-2013, 06:00 AM
ynots
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by vdop
It's not a gimmick. The high speed corner wobble you're feeling is lateral flex of the rubber motor mounts. Erik Buell designed his rubber mounted bikes with triangulated stabilizers for a reason.

The frame clamp deal looks kinda cheesy to me. Probably works fine, just don't really like it.
Not sure why the true track has a bad rep for install. Mine took about 20 minutes, piece of cake.
I agree the clamp is pretty cheesy, it also looks like a good way to chip the paint on the frame

20 minutes to install the TT... I also was under the impression that they were a pain to install?

Old 03-25-2013, 06:19 AM
vdop
Road Master

Originally Posted by ynots
I agree the clamp is pretty cheesy, it also looks like a good way to chip the paint on the frame

20 minutes to install the TT... I also was under the impression that they were a pain to install?
I guess it helps that I was on a lift with the rear tire out and exhaust off, could be more difficult under normal conditions in a garage but It's pretty simple. Front is super easy. Spent most my time on the rear, its harder to get in there. Plus I didn't have instructions for the rear and had to figure out how it mounted.

Old 03-25-2013, 08:12 AM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member
Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

I don't buy 20 minutes on the True Track even with the rear wheel off, there is a reason TT does not install them on Dynas at bike rallies. I bet the average time for a first timer would be 2 - 3 hours rear and 1/2 hour front.

Old 03-25-2013, 09:46 AM
VIN1800
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by alansummrs
I don't buy 20 minutes on the True Track even with the rear wheel off, there is a reason TT does not install them on Dynas at bike rallies. I bet the average time for a first timer would be 2 - 3 hours rear and 1/2 hour front.
Took me 45 mins to install on my 2012 Street bob, rear wheel left on. Seems simple to me.

Old 03-25-2013, 11:08 AM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member
Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by VIN1800
Took me 45 mins to install on my 2012 Street bob, rear wheel left on. Seems simple to me.
Not a complcated mod just a space limited area and tedious. I enjoy doing my own mods, so maybe I take more time than most but if any mech charges 1 hour or less to do this mod on an Dyna - that would be a bargain.

Old 03-25-2013, 04:42 PM
DYNARYDER87
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Hogpro
I was at the Drag showcase today and came across this from Alloy Art. The first thing is that it is not available for my bike yet but it will be according to them. The second thing I can see that may cause an issue is if you have a chin fairing as I do but it is hard to say without having one in hand to test fit.

The way that front stabilizer is setup it looks like it would work with my chin fairing.

Old 03-25-2013, 05:00 PM
vdop
Road Master

Originally Posted by alansummrs
If that takes 2-3 hours you should probably have your tools taken away. It's 6 bolts man.

Old 03-25-2013, 05:08 PM
O-Town D
Road Master
Received 61 Likes on 45 Posts

An interesting design, and definitely a simpler install than the TT (took me a little over 2 hrs, but then I'm slow anyway). Looks like the rear link mounts to the side of the tranny exactly where the OEM rear muff bracket goes - might be an issue for some Dyna riders who are running their stock exh system or slip-ons.
~

Old 03-25-2013, 05:41 PM
10ovr
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Could be a tight fit with Vance & Hines X bracket,,Hard to tell with out having one in hand,,,

Quick Reply: New Alloy Art Dyna Stabilizer