Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rifle Windshield for Wide Glide

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 05:09 PM
WideGlideFever
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Rifle Windshield for Wide Glide

So I have a HD Quick Release Super Sport Windshield and while its better than the Compact version I had before I still get annoyed by the buffeting that still exists. I have tried a couple different things to get rid of the buffeting (adding washers to the braces, changing the positioning on the forks, but the buffeting still persists.

I was looking at the Rifle Fairings from another post and noticed that Rifle makes modified windshields for the Super Sport. I was wondering if anyone has one of these and how big of an improvement was it over stock if any?

Old 03-26-2013, 05:16 PM
Northbound Southerner
Elite HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by WideGlideFever
So I have a HD Quick Release Super Sport Windshield and while its better than the Compact version I had before I still get annoyed by the buffeting that still exists. I have tried a couple different things to get rid of the buffeting (adding washers to the braces, changing the positioning on the forks, but the buffeting still persists.

I was looking at the Rifle Fairings from another post and noticed that Rifle makes modified windshields for the Super Sport. I was wondering if anyone has one of these and how big of an improvement was it over stock if any?
I can't answer your question on the Rifle shield but I can offer some advice for your current set up. For 29.95, you can buy the touring fork baffle and modify it for your dyna. There is a member here that did that and it made a big difference for him...I would try that first....

Old 03-26-2013, 05:28 PM
WideGlideFever
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by themouth!!!
I can't answer your question on the Rifle ashield but I can offer some advice for your current set up. For 29.95, you can buy the touring fork baffle and modify it for your dyna. There is a member here that did that and it made a big difference for him...I would try that first....
Thanks, but the buffeting thats driving me nuts is the air coming over the top of the windshield and bouncing off my helmet. Looks like the baffle is more for the air that comes around and the tank.

I feel the buffeting worse when wearing my full face vs. my Outlaw half helmet. I assume thats cause of the height difference in the helmets. I am considering the Rifle fairing you have on yours. I dont mind the air around the tank, but the air bouncing off the top of my helmet is driving me insane.