Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

who yokes them up on a street bob here

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 07:42 PM
USMCBattles
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default who yokes them up on a street bob here

so ive yoked up a 1200 sporty. other buddys bikes etc. i got basic bolt ons pc5 2n1 bassani and a dk outlaw. i am obsessed with getting this bike in the air ive had people tell me its possible with it im eather spinning wheel and it not coming up in 2nd forsure. any insight would help are you guys softing up the rear changed gearing and did the 30t to lighten 2nd gear up a bit.

Old 03-26-2013, 07:47 PM
Northbound Southerner
Elite HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by USMCBattles
so ive yoked up a 1200 sporty. other buddys bikes etc. i got basic bolt ons pc5 2n1 bassani and a dk outlaw. i am obsessed with getting this bike in the air ive had people tell me its possible with it im eather spinning wheel and it not coming up in 2nd forsure. any insight would help are you guys softing up the rear changed gearing and did the 30t to lighten 2nd gear up a bit.
I've NEVER seen a bike I couldn't wheelie...I don't know how good an idea it is on a Harley with a belt though...

Old 03-26-2013, 08:06 PM
USMCBattles
Tourer

u can wheeie ur wide glide?

Old 03-26-2013, 08:07 PM
Northbound Southerner
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by USMCBattles
u can wheeie ur wide glide?
I would think so...Not gonna even try it. Belts break to easy...If you get the RPMs up enough and dump the clutch, almost anything will come up...

Old 03-26-2013, 08:13 PM
Dynam1te
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by themouth!!!
I've NEVER seen a bike I couldn't wheelie...I don't know how good an idea it is on a Harley with a belt though...
Riiiiight... cause every bike you HAVE seen, you DID wheelie right?

I had an old metric cruiser that had some stuff done that should be able to get up, once we tightened the rear suspension, we actually got it up, just for a bit tho. I haven't tried it on my sb... I know it can be done, you're on the right track with doing pullies I'd guess...

There's some talent on youtube you can watch, as I'm sure you've seen. Some videos have the mods listed, to give you an idea.
Good luck, and take a vid when you do!

Old 03-26-2013, 08:17 PM
Northbound Southerner
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Dynam1te
Riiiiight... cause every bike you HAVE seen, you DID wheelie right?

I had an old metric cruiser that had some stuff done that should be able to get up, once we tightened the rear suspension, we actually got it up, just for a bit tho. I haven't tried it on my sb... I know it can be done, you're on the right track with doing pullies I'd guess...

There's some talent on youtube you can watch, as I'm sure you've seen. Some videos have the mods listed, to give you an idea.
Good luck, and take a vid when you do!
That's what I said...I have seen people (first hand) wheelie baggers...My bike weighs how much less??????? Still not gonna do it...I'm done with that crap...

Old 03-26-2013, 08:21 PM
Dynam1te
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Its a TQ to the ground vs Weight ratio more than anything...

Old 03-26-2013, 08:23 PM
Ncdyna925
Advanced

I get my bike up. Here's a video of me and some of my boys and we are out here in the Brentwood Oakley area so like 45 min from sac town if you ever wanna come down and ride. Some of us just and rode with some of the unknown industries guys in Martinez on Saturday and that video should be goin up soon too.

Old 03-26-2013, 08:25 PM
Ncdyna925
Advanced

Oh yeh also on the street bobs you either gotta get a new clutch or the stiffer screaming eagle clutch sprigs. Just my experience but the stock clutch is too soft and can't hold the power correctly to get the front end up. I just run those stiffer clutch springs and it's a night and day difference!

Old 03-26-2013, 08:25 PM
vdop
Road Master
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Not sure what yoking is supposed to mean but try the vid in my sig. Pretty basic street bob. Belts don't break anywhere near as easy as you think. Proper adjustment is critical. Mine got ridden like this every day. Not to mention 2nd gear 6500 rpm clutch drop burnouts.

Quick Reply: who yokes them up on a street bob here