Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First good ride of the season

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 11:34 PM
waverly
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default First good ride of the season

Went out east on the Island for a bit today, about 60 miles total. Felt great to ride again after a long winter.
I haven't ridden since before hurricane sandy hit out here, so its been a long while for me!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited by waverly; 03-26-2013 at 11:48 PM.
Old 03-27-2013, 12:26 AM
waverly
Advanced

Now what do you guys think...I have a few things planned I would like to do this season into this winter, pending on time and $$.

First I would really like to replace the stock wheels to harley's mag they sell for around $500 a piece.. Seems like a good deal, and I know there are better looking wheels out there like performance machine, Im just not into dropping 2k right now.

I will also be upgrading the suspension and adding either sputhe or true track.

Next upgrade would be vance and hines big shots.. which would get your vote- the chrome or black? I'm not sure which would look better!

Other little things will be some burly apes in black, led headlight and smoked turn signal lenses with a possible mirror swap to some small round black ones.

Thanks for any thoughts!

Old 03-27-2013, 07:34 AM
2011 FXDB
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by waverly
Went out east on the Island for a bit today, about 60 miles total. Felt great to ride again after a long winter.
I haven't ridden since before hurricane sandy hit out here, so its been a long while for me!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Great picture, glad to hear about your ride. Similiar weather here in Western Mass and I am VERY anxious to get the bike out of the house for that first ride of Spring! Still snow on the ground and more sand on the roads that I would like, but a few more days is probably all I will be able to wait.

Old 03-27-2013, 04:39 PM
mbutton65x
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks man, you motivated me to take my first ride today lol. My bike looks like I took it on a motocross track and its only 35 out but dam it feels good to ride

Old 03-27-2013, 04:44 PM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,070 Likes on 2,554 Posts

I've been reading more and more "first ride" threads this week. It's good to know more and more riders up north are getting out! We've barely had a winter down here. Except for a few days under 32° or rain, I could have ridden almost everyday I've had my bike.

Old 03-27-2013, 05:15 PM
! rock103 !
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 174 Likes on 84 Posts

Im really wanting some nice chrome wheels myself. HD 6 spoke are what im looking at and as you've mentioned they're a far more affordable compared to pretty much anything else. Your other mods sound good as we'll, but sounds like time and money to me... I say go for it, I know I would if I had the money!

Old 03-28-2013, 10:24 AM
waverly
Advanced

Originally Posted by mbutton65x
Thanks man, you motivated me to take my first ride today lol. My bike looks like I took it on a motocross track and its only 35 out but dam it feels good to ride

Awesome! you're upstate?

Old 03-28-2013, 10:26 AM
waverly
Advanced

Originally Posted by ChickinOnaChain
I've been reading more and more "first ride" threads this week. It's good to know more and more riders up north are getting out! We've barely had a winter down here. Except for a few days under 32° or rain, I could have ridden almost everyday I've had my bike.

I'm always jealous of you guys who can ride most if not all of the year! I wish! While there is nothing like a nice autumn ride here in the northeast, the winter SUCKS!!!....and theres plenty more who have it worse off than I do on LI!

Old 03-28-2013, 10:30 AM
waverly
Advanced

Originally Posted by ! rock103 !
Im really wanting some nice chrome wheels myself. HD 6 spoke are what im looking at and as you've mentioned they're a far more affordable compared to pretty much anything else. Your other mods sound good as we'll, but sounds like time and money to me... I say go for it, I know I would if I had the money!

Yeah for real! I really would like to to upgrade the wheels and suspension this season. The wheels mainly cause I can't stand cleaning the spokes!! But it will be an expensive upgrade for sure. I'd love to have the wheels and the sputhe / or true track done this riding season, then change out the shocks and front springs when I'm due to change the fork oil and such- I think thats at 10k as per the service manual? That will prob hit next season for me.

Old 03-28-2013, 11:21 AM
mbutton65x
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by waverly
Awesome! you're upstate?
Yea, the Utica area