Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best 2 into 1 System That's Not Loud? (For 04)

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2013, 01:46 PM
Ridewva
Grand HDF Member
Received 344 Likes on 197 Posts
Default Best 2 into 1 System That's Not Loud? (For 04)

Probably an unusual request. I have HD slip-on's on my 04 and I find the sound perfect, especially now with a 204 cam. (These are the mufflers the parts guy did not want me to order because they'd be too quiet.) After taking them on and off a number of times (tire changes etc) they seemed to have "formed" to the headers and are very difficult to separate (in spite of using anti-sieze). The bottom one scraped up pretty bad also. So I'm looking to replace them.
I know Harley used to offer a "street legal" 2 into 1 system because I almost ordered one in 2005 but they've apparently discontinued it. It would probably be perfect for me. Is there any 2 into 1 made now that would be *barely* louder than stock? I see some like the V&H Pro Pipe, others say it's a bit loud so I imagine it would be for me especially on long rides. I really don't care for Supertrapps. I'd appreciate any suggestions?

Old 03-28-2013, 01:51 PM
Red Dragons
Road Master
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Well...the best option really is a supertrapp with closed end cap. Can't beat it for quiet performance.

The pro pipe is a lot louder than stock.

Old 03-28-2013, 01:54 PM
fxdc rider
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

supertrapp for sure. you can make it as loud or quiet as you want. im going to buy one myself in a couple weeks

Old 03-28-2013, 01:56 PM
thedonthere
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ridewva
Probably an unusual request. I have HD slip-on's on my 04 and I find the sound perfect, especially now with a 204 cam. (These are the mufflers the parts guy did not want me to order because they'd be too quiet.) After taking them on and off a number of times (tire changes etc) they seemed to have "formed" to the headers and are very difficult to separate (in spite of using anti-sieze). The bottom one scraped up pretty bad also. So I'm looking to replace them.
I know Harley used to offer a "street legal" 2 into 1 system because I almost ordered one in 2005 but they've apparently discontinued it. It would probably be perfect for me. Is there any 2 into 1 made now that would be *barely* louder than stock? I see some like the V&H Pro Pipe, others say it's a bit loud so I imagine it would be for me especially on long rides. I really don't care for Supertrapps. I'd appreciate any suggestions?
Why? They are the most quiet and the most tuneable 2-1 out there. What don't you like about that pipe? The looks? If the slip ons you have now sound perfect why change then? I really think all the others will be louder than the SuperTrapp.

Old 03-28-2013, 02:07 PM
jaysonL
Elite HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

IMO, Thunderheaders are fairly mellow sounding. At least compared to the Fatcat, and even the pro pipe, and most of the Rinehart systems.

Old 03-28-2013, 02:10 PM
Red Dragons
Road Master
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by jaysonL
IMO, Thunderheaders are fairly mellow sounding. At least compared to the Fatcat, and even the pro pipe, and most of the Rinehart systems.
THs are very loud and tinny compared to all of those pipes. He was asking for "barely louder than stock" and most people around here would probably say THs are the loudest 2-1 you can get.

Old 03-28-2013, 02:18 PM
Ridewva
Grand HDF Member
Received 344 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by thedonthere
Why? They are the most quiet and the most tuneable 2-1 out there. What don't you like about that pipe? The looks? If the slip ons you have now sound perfect why change then? I really think all the others will be louder than the SuperTrapp.

I could replace only the mufflers with the same ones (assuming they're still made) and try and smooth up the headers where the mufflers slide on. It's kind of a PIA to remove the muffler and connecting bracket though and I'd like a bit more clearance. Just thinking if there is a 2 into 1 I would go that route.

As far as Supertrapps I've had them before and have heard them on Harley's. When I hear them with few enough discs that they're not too loud (for me) they sound kinda funny. Add enough discs so they sound deeper and better and they're too loud (for me).

The pro pipe is a lot louder than stock.

Thanks, that's what I was gathering.

Old 03-28-2013, 02:22 PM
harleyflyboy
Road Warrior
Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

I had some R&B Racing pipes on my '05 Ultra and really liked them. Slightly louder than stock, but not much, had a nice low rumble. Check out the web site, it's a pretty informative read all by itself.
http://www.rbracing-rsr.com/

Old 03-28-2013, 02:30 PM
USMCBattles
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dont go bassani then there loud. super trap and they have been doin it forever

Old 03-28-2013, 02:31 PM
highwayman1224
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Red Dragons
THs are very loud and tinny compared to all of those pipes. He was asking for "barely louder than stock" and most people around here would probably say THs are the loudest 2-1 you can get.
LMAO, I've owned 3 bikes with thunderheaders & I've never had one of them sound "tinny".

Quick Reply: Best 2 into 1 System That's Not Loud? (For 04)