Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

True-track worthy?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2013, 10:13 PM
TwelveHD
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default True-track worthy?

I've been looking into this lately and was wondering if any of you guys have this installed on your bikes.. And if so, what are the pros and cons.. Cheers-

Old 03-28-2013, 10:28 PM
HYPR
Road Master
Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Happy with mine and the after sale support. Does what says it will do. Installation is a bit longer than is described however not overwhelming.
Bob

Old 03-28-2013, 11:13 PM
07bobber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

There aren't any cons...

Old 03-28-2013, 11:21 PM
TwelveHD
Tourer

Originally Posted by HYPR
Happy with mine and the after sale support. Does what says it will do. Installation is a bit longer than is described however not overwhelming.
Bob
Right on.. Website says, bike can be on kickstand while installing.. True? They make it sound super easy.. Ha ha. Seems like money well spent to get rid of the rear wheel steering and wobble..

Old 03-28-2013, 11:39 PM
128auto
Extreme HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Well I am still trying to figure out what a true track is, I don't have any problem riding my Dyna without one. Do I need one? Please teach me a lesson!

Old 03-28-2013, 11:56 PM
TwelveHD
Tourer

Well.. I don't really have a problem riding mine either, but the tru-track system is supposed to help take out that rear wheel wobble and rear wheel steer.. I'm sure you've experienced it.. Everyone has. This will help your bike be safer and handle better in the turns. This is just what I have gathered.. I guess you really don't need it unless you like the back end of your bike wobbling around at high speeds.. Lol

Old 03-29-2013, 12:17 AM
kknickmeyer
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I just installed it on my Switchback over the weekend. Mounting the rear was a pain but the front was easy. Today was my first ride with it as we had a big snowstorm Sunday. It really tightened up the handling on curves. Kurt

Old 03-29-2013, 01:20 AM
EricInNCa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

If you aren't experiencing the rear wheel steering / wobble issue, it could be that you aren't riding fast sweepers really hard. It's kind of hard to explain it, but you'll know it when it happens. I have the True-track and haven't had it happen to me since installing it. I'm a believer in them...

Old 03-29-2013, 01:25 AM
macnab_sf
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I run the Sputhe. Worth it if you want maximum stability through sweepers.

Not needed for just putting around.

Old 03-29-2013, 07:08 AM
02fx4dude
Road Master
Received 251 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by TwelveHD
Right on.. Website says, bike can be on kickstand while installing.. True? They make it sound super easy.. Ha ha. Seems like money well spent to get rid of the rear wheel steering and wobble..
You probably could do it on the stand but I would guess it would be more difficult. When I did mine I lifted it and removed the rear wheel to get better access. Had to rotate the rear brake line at the caliper so the brake switch would clear the bracket. Also had to pull a bit of slack in the harness to route around the bracket. Probably around 45 minutes not including removing and re-installing the wheel. Front was probably 10 minutes work.

before tightening it all down I would also recommend doing the vibration adjustment procedure; front and rear motor mount bolts loose, hold bike upright and idle for 10-15 seconds, then tighten to spec while holding bike upright. I didn't do this initially and had a serious vibration/buzzing in the footpegs at 2800-3500 rpm. Did as above and vibration issues went away.

Quick Reply: True-track worthy?