Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First step on the low road

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2013, 11:53 AM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts
Default First step on the low road

I stopped by my local HD shop to have a smoke with the tech guys. These guys really became friends over the past few months. They all ride older sccots but keep them in great shape.

Anyway, they've always said that they have a load of take-offs and can make some deals.

Since I've been investigating a lowering mod, I finally took them up on it.

$20 for take-off bagger air shocks. Yeah, they're used and have a few scratches, but nothing a good powder coat won't fix. Over the next month I plan on PC and Bitchin Bagger lowering mods. All-in, about $225 depending on the cost of PC. Bitchin Baggers charges $175 for the mod.

I've been looking at different lowering options.
Blocks - Huh-uh. I've seen a few scraped up swingarms from this shortcut.
Burly - Good price, but basically the same progressive 412's I have but with less travel. It's a good deal, but I want to protect the ride comfort as much as I can.
Southeast Customs Fender cut and drop - This is very appealing, but $500 gets you an unpainted fender. Add paint + downtime for them to mod my fender; it just isn't in the cards.

I'll keep this thread up with pics as I get through the process. It may take me two months since my spend budget is running dry.

Old 03-29-2013, 12:58 PM
Dynam1te
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Sounds cool man, every so often you get a good shop to hook you up. Hope it turns out for ya. I have lowering blocks, and I'm happy with the looks but, I miss the deep turns in the twisties. I might have to go another route to get that low end/ filled in fender look...

Old 03-29-2013, 01:24 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Dynam1te
Sounds cool man, every so often you get a good shop to hook you up. Hope it turns out for ya. I have lowering blocks, and I'm happy with the looks but, I miss the deep turns in the twisties. I might have to go another route to get that low end/ filled in fender look...
Man! Your sled looks great. Nice pic in the sig.

Check out the Southest Customs fender chop. It looks great and runs with 12" shocks.

Old 03-29-2013, 01:32 PM
Dynam1te
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SLV
Man! Your sled looks great. Nice pic in the sig.

Check out the Southest Customs fender chop. It looks great and runs with 12" shocks.
Hey, theres an option. Looks pretty good. I think I'm going to try throwing a 180 under there with the 12'' and see how it looks/feels if I'm still not satisfied I'll start choppin. Thanks for the compliments, its a work in progress. I've seen yours coming along well too. I look forward to seeing how your mod comes along.

Old 03-29-2013, 02:24 PM
NSCoyote
Club Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

if you want to protect the comfy ride, you could have your touring air shocks lowered. this place does it, think you just send them your stock shocks and they reman them to 10" eye to eye. http://bitchinbaggers.com/products/drop-shocks/ . another option if you want to go really all out would be a bit more time consumign to set it all up right but monroe max air 785 are identical to our dyna shocks in eye to eye and travel etc. they are a full air ride shock which can be lowred and raised based on air pressure. you would have to gear up and plumb a compressor on board to adjust on the fly or use a regular air compressor to adjust them at stop's

Old 03-29-2013, 04:22 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Dynam1te
Hey, theres an option. Looks pretty good. I think I'm going to try throwing a 180 under there with the 12'' and see how it looks/feels if I'm still not satisfied I'll start choppin. Thanks for the compliments, its a work in progress. I've seen yours coming along well too. I look forward to seeing how your mod comes along.
You can see how it looks here.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...ange-rims.html

Coyote
That's why I picked up the bagger shocks, for a BB mod.