Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First ride out after winter mods

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2013, 06:05 PM
PistolPete83
Road Master
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
Default First ride out after winter mods

Finally the weather has broke here in good ol CT and were having temps in the 50s. With that came my first ride after installing rinehart 2 into 2, PV, mach 2 air cleaner and a bunch more stuff. Well start with the bad things i noticed and that is the breather hoses on my air cleaner pop off every two seconds...no problem just a quick ride over to Lowes where i purchased to hose clamps....problem solved....and the other thing i noticed wasnthat on my front exhaust header the flange is not flush with the motor....probobly 1/4 in bw the flange and the motor....immediatly i tried to tighten both nuts but they seemed tight....hmmmm...they wouldnt have rattled loose if they seem tight right...i dunno....the only thing i can think of is that its on lopsided.....any input on this would be appreciated....can i loosen the flange and tighten it back without changing the gasket...i dont wanna pull the head pipe out just loosen the flange....now the good stuff.....i went from VH slip ons which were already pretty loud but throaty to rinehart churchills....immediately changed the looks of the bike for the better imho...also loud!!but not crazy loud but nice deep harley sound. I would say 8 outta 10 loud...with that put an all chrome mach 2...again immediate looks change from the huge stock air cleaner which hid all he beauty in the motor....you can literally hear this thing sucking in air...great stuff....before i installed the PV. I took the bike for a quick spin and it rode good not great but noticibly better than stock intake and slip ons....no decel pop, and better throtttle response...honestly could live with the bike because in my opinion it didnt seem to be riding lean or overly hot without the tuner....the PV took all of 3 min to update the software and firmware and about 2 min to install on the bike and flash....by far the simplest thing....hihly recomended...very user friendly.....so for now i used a stock map from dynojet in which i am very pleased.....as soon as i left the driveway man this 96 felt transformed....great throttle response through every gear....i found that the bikes rpms are much lower and that i can stay in gear longer than before....and it pulls hard....honestly without even auto tuning i would be more than happy with the performance increase from this simple stage one....

Old 03-29-2013, 07:22 PM
Spanners39
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 447 Likes on 255 Posts

No problem retightening flange onto used gasket.

There are two types of Big Twin exhaust gasket, the thin ones and the big fat ones. I always use the thin ones as the others crush and block the ports.

Old 03-29-2013, 07:35 PM
O-Town D
Road Master
Received 61 Likes on 45 Posts

"....honestly without even auto tuning i would be more than happy with the performance increase from this simple stage one...."

Sounds/looks like a real nice setup you have! I was also very impressed with the Fuel Moto download, but even more impressed after doing the AutoTune the recommended 3 times - do it and you'll enjoy it even more! Ride safe!
~

Old 03-30-2013, 08:32 AM
PistolPete83
Road Master
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

I gotta get the mount for the pv then i will auto tune...kinda interested in seeing all the logs as well as temps and everything. This is what set the PV apart from the TTS in my opinion....screen included.....the gaskets i took out of the stock heads were big..funny enouh i couldnt even see them till i went digging around in there...the new gaskets are small james gaskets....completly different. I guess i will loosen the bolts and re tighten the flange. I dont understand how i could of overlooked this in the first place.....