Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It was not a good friday for me

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2013, 08:08 AM
allbrste
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It was not a good friday for me

Was off on Good friday , the weather was decent , the wife was at work , so i decided to take my 2008 street bob out for a 50 or so mile ride . I just installed my new brawler custom seat a couple of days ago and wanted to see how it felt . It was great until on the return home , about a mile from my house , a pickup truck decides to turn left in front of me. I skidded for about 30 feet , but still slammed into the side of his truck . I kinda went off on him , he was about an 80 year old man , the only thing he had to say , was I was behind him. which tells me he never even saw me. TO top that off , his wife comes out of the house , im limping around holding my arm , my bike still laying in the middle of the street , and she asks him , "is your truck all right?
She them proceeds to accuse me of being the one who races up and down the street every day. I heard her tell the police i was speeding , but they never ask me about it , and i have not picked up a copy of the police report yet , so i dont know if he recieved a citation. I refused to go in the ambulance , but i am sore as all hell today . It is a sickening feeing to see your bike layiing in the middle of the street . I had it towed straight to Waco harley davidson and told them to fix every scratc on the bike , because it did not have a scratch on it . Even thoug I was not seriously hurt , should I contact a lawyer ?

Old 03-30-2013, 08:10 AM
mrnone
Road Master
Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

yes
go to doctor too

Old 03-30-2013, 08:11 AM
KW HD
Grand HDF Member
Received 855 Likes on 428 Posts

Yes!Heal quickly! You can fix the scoot.

Old 03-30-2013, 08:13 AM
KW HD
Grand HDF Member
Received 855 Likes on 428 Posts

Originally Posted by mrnone
yes
go to doctor too

Old 03-30-2013, 08:19 AM
allbrste
Novice

I was really glad to see my new seat was not damaged , i waited over three months to get it ( screw up on the order ) , but it is a solo brawler with orange flames and red stiching , it looks awesome , but it does sit me back farther .

Old 03-30-2013, 08:20 AM
02fx4dude
Road Master
Received 251 Likes on 130 Posts

That sucks, hope you're ok. hopefully it won't be long before you are back riding.

I would wait and get the police report and find out what the other drivers insurance is going to cover before contacting a lawyer, and don't sign any paperwork for the other insurance company until you do.

As far as the guys wife saying you were speeding, if she didn't witness the accident her statements won't even be in the report. And, most cops have BS filters anyway. Are these people your neighbors?

Old 03-30-2013, 08:27 AM
allbrste
Novice

No , but i have to pass their house to get to mine

Old 03-30-2013, 08:35 AM
im
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 790 Likes on 601 Posts

First glad you are alive.
Hopefully you have the name of the officer and some information regarding the scene.
A left turning truck unless there is some unusual circumstance is an automatic ticket.
Consider obtaining a report immediately and determine if driver was ticketed and if no ticket was issued speak to the officer and request one be issued.
Gather the information from his (truck) insurance since they are responsible for repairs.
You need a medical review ASAP and again if they were ticketed their insurance would pay.
Remember it takes very little to total a bike.
The confused gentleman and angry old lady is just that...confused people..
Again, medical follow-up right now.
Hope all goes well with your health, that the gentleman has insurance and that you are able to resolve this quickly.
Timing is important because things get muddy quick and if the gentleman passes it gets even muddier.
I would not contact a lawyer unless there was some hesitation in reimbursement for my health or the bike. If your medical evaluation shows something other than bruising then i would immediately contact a lawyer.
On a side note remember that insurance(truck driver) is also responsible for damages such as jacket, pants, destroyed wallet, watch, phone, helmet, gloves, boots etc. Many people overlook this and forget this stuff can add-up to or above $1000 in some cases.

Last edited by im; 03-30-2013 at 08:43 AM.
Old 03-30-2013, 08:45 AM
twerkman2
Cruiser

exactly what im said do as he said doctor,get police report,do not sit and wait.
Glad your ok man really

Old 03-30-2013, 09:34 AM
WG2011
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

I would go get checked out by the dr. glad your ok tho man sorry to hear of the ugly situation!

Quick Reply: It was not a good friday for me