Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 fxdc spuuters , slight back fire loses power and dies

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2013, 03:50 PM
tommyhardhouse
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 fxdc spuuters , slight back fire loses power and dies

2011 fxdc spuuters , slight back fire loses power and dies - i had it out a couple weeks go for over a 100 mile run burnt almost a full tank of gas , so today i fire it up - start down the road and it losses power and is sputtering - cluth in - rev it a bit got on my way few moments later happened again - sputter soft backfire and lose power end die - it would start right back up - i went and put new fuel in it - it had snowed here in the last two weeks but it was well covered from the elements - motorcycle cover - refrigorator box - blue tarp over the whole mess with bungies- i just hate to take it to the dealer when i just need to add fuel cleaner or something = any advice for a newb would be appreciated !

Old 03-31-2013, 04:23 PM
tommyhardhouse
4th Gear

i just let it idle for 5 min - it idles fine - but when i revved it up it started the sputtering and eventually died...

Old 03-31-2013, 04:26 PM
butch patrick
Cruiser

Same thing happened to me yesterday. Got caught in

rain, rode for an hour and mine would sputter, almost quit running, had to keep rpms at 3000 to get home. Let me know what you find out. I am thinking the rain had something to do with my problem. It is still raining here and I have not tried to start mine.

Old 03-31-2013, 05:24 PM
tommyhardhouse
4th Gear

I sure will - i had mine wrapped up and it snowed- but as i mentioned it was bundled waterproof really - my first thought was bad /water down fuel i was under an 1/8 so i filled it up but no cure- a buddy just told me to run sea foam through the gas - fuel injector cleaner - i don't know - I'm not totally ignorant with a wrench - i am a union plumber but i know **** about engines! i wanna be able to do my own work as much as possible - anyone knows of a motorcycle mechanic school in the mid-west let me know~!my buddy told me the first thing to do is buy a cymers manulal? did i type that right - HELP A NEWB out whats the best manulas - best places to buy them - i rode 2011 fxdc - much appreciated to any and all who respond.

Old 03-31-2013, 05:35 PM
Northbound Southerner
Elite HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 70 Posts

Has the battery been struggling at all to turn it over? Check your connections well. A loose ground or we battery can cause all kinds of havoc on these bikes...

Old 03-31-2013, 10:32 PM
tommyhardhouse
4th Gear

battery is about 5 months old , had it on tickle all winter - i for sure will double check the connections

ive had a couple people tell me to add sea foam - something about eythonol turning to water in cold?

Old 04-03-2013, 12:56 AM
tommyhardhouse
4th Gear

i tightened the nutrual nut it got a turn and a helf - i also added seafoam to the tank -- i only got to ride it today mayne a mile i will check it out again tomorrow - thanks for the help!!!