Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bikes that had the bad bearing what? news

Old 01-02-2008, 07:02 PM
black dyna
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default bikes that had the bad bearing what? news

bikes that have or had the bad primeary bearing what oil were you runing.i am runing the syn 3.
ok my harley shop says it is the race not the bearing it self that he sees going bad and thats what went bad on mine the first time.and now i am hearing the sound starting again.he said my sevice manager that he wont run the syn 3 in hisprimeary says it is to thin and that the harley rugular lube for the primeary is thicker.
he said to that the new race was given a coating of something to fix the problem.
sounds like the bearing to me is junk were can we get some good ones that are made good ?????and pressed in the case for us.
and the book says the snap ring opening must be by the oil hole so it can get lubed by the way.

Old 01-02-2008, 08:04 PM
DougsDyna
Banned
Default RE: bikes that had the bad bearing what? news

SYN3, AND IT IS CRAP!!!
DougJ

Old 01-02-2008, 08:07 PM
xxxflhrci
Extreme HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

The kind of oil used had nothing to do with the bearing problem. The problem is due to HD's lack of R&D on the part.

Old 01-03-2008, 05:06 PM
jamman
Road Master

ORIGINAL: xxxflhrci

The kind of oil used had nothing to do with the bearing problem. The problem is due to HD's lack of R&D on the part.
yup

Old 01-03-2008, 07:44 PM
DougsDyna
Banned

Doesn't change the fact that SYN3 is crap, and if not total crap, it is way too expensive for what it is/does.

It is made by an enemy state, makes your engine and tranny clatter, and there are no less than a dozen other oils that are better and cheaper. It was shortly after my 1000 mile service, when I had the SYN3 in that the bearing started to scream............ Maybe that was a coincidence.
I wouldn't use it again, even if it was free.

DougJ

Old 01-03-2008, 10:45 PM
Blackhorse
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Give me a break. The SE synth works well and every HD dealer and most indies carry it. I've use it in two HD's ever since it came out in all three holes and have had ZERO problems that could be even remotely related to the oil. Bike, neither of them ran worse or had more noise. I have a new Fat Bob sitting at the dealer getting the 103 CI, when I do the first service, it will have the SE syn.

Old 01-03-2008, 10:57 PM
DougsDyna
Banned

ORIGINAL: Blackhorse

Give me a break. The SE synth works well and every HD dealer and most indies carry it. I've use it in two HD's ever since it came out in all three holes and have had ZERO problems that could be even remotely related to the oil. Bike, neither of them ran worse or had more noise. I have a new Fat Bob sitting at the dealer getting the 103 CI, when I do the first service, it will have the SE syn.

Then, let me restate that............. In My Opinion it is total CRAP. Fact is , it is thin and does make the engine and tranny much noisier than anything else, other than vegetable oil or maybe water. It is not even a true synthetic. Harley should call it Blend3, not syn3.

In my opinion, if you must use the HD brand, then stick with the Dino stuff.

Some folks like clatter, I don't.

DougJ

Old 01-04-2008, 09:52 AM
Wildcat68
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Blackhorse

I get it (syn3)through a buddy at the stealership so cost is no issue, have used it on the Twinkie motor (all 3 orifices)since it had break-in service done. It seems to me that if you keep your fluid's changed and prevenative maintenance on schedule any brand oil will suffice.
Changing it regularly means wayyy more than what brand..IMO