Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thunder Monster Baffles & Vance & Hines Big Radius

Old 02-16-2007, 02:03 AM
Jstar
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thunder Monster Baffles & Vance & Hines Big Radius

I have a 2003 Dyna Wideglide. I recenly put Vance & Hines Big Radius on my bike. The V & H Big Radiussound ok, but they reallydon't havethe deep throaty sound I was looking for.

I have been reading about the Thunder Monster Baffles and on thier website and there web site states:
" NOTE: We do have an application for the Vance & Hines Big Radius pipes and for the Hooker Troublemaker pipes. The Vance & Hines Big Radius application is Thunder Monster baffle 2002 "[/align][/align]Has anyone put the Thunder Monster Baffles 2002 on Vance & Hines Big Radies pipes?[/align][/align]If so,what difference in sound and performance did younotice withThunder Monsterbaffles on the Vance & Hines Big Radius pipes? [/align][/align]With the Thunder Monster baffles is it lounder than just the V & H Big Radius pipes andis thetone deeper and throatier.[/align][/align]How dothe Thunder Monsterbaffles go on or in the Vance & Hines Big Radius pipes as the Big Radius pipes do not have removeable baffles?[/align][/align]Lastley, I have already had my carb re-jetted for the Vance & Hines Big Radius pipes... will I need to have it re-jetted again withThunderMonsterbaffles?[/align][/align]Thanks,[/align]JJ[/align]

Old 02-16-2007, 02:09 AM
Jstar
Novice
Default RE: Thunder Monster Baffles & Vance & Hines Big Shots

ORIGINAL: Jstar

I have a 2003 Dyna Wideglide. I recently put Vance & Hines Big Shots on my bike. The V & H Big Shotssound ok, but they reallydon't havethe deep throaty sound I was looking for.

I have been reading about the Thunder Monster Baffles and on thier website and there web site states:
" NOTE: We do have an application for the Vance & Hines Big Radius pipes and for the Hooker Troublemaker pipes. The Vance & Hines Big Radius application is Thunder Monster baffle 2002 "[/align][/align]Has anyone put the Thunder Monster Baffles 2002 on Vance & Hines Big Radies pipes?[/align][/align]If so,what difference in sound and performance did younotice withThunder Monsterbaffles on the Vance & Hines Big Radius pipes? [/align][/align]With the Thunder Monster baffles is it lounder than just the V & H Big Radius pipes andis thetone deeper and throatier.[/align][/align]How dothe Thunder Monsterbaffles go on or in the Vance & Hines Big Radius pipes as the Big Radius pipes do not have removeable baffles?[/align][/align]Lastley, I have already had my carb re-jetted for the Vance & Hines Big Radius pipes... will I need to have it re-jetted again withThunderMonsterbaffles?[/align][/align]Thanks,[/align]JJ[/align]

Old 02-16-2007, 01:24 PM
hd2000
Tourer
Default RE: Thunder Monster Baffles & Vance & Hines Big Radius

My dad has a set of big radius on his deuce and put a set of thunder baffles in. His bike has a nice deep rumble. His bike is fuel injected and has sort of the lope of a cam without one. He did have to remap his bike but again it was fuel injected so i couldn't tell you about carbed. As far as for the installation you will have to take your pipes off to pull the baffles out. Thunder monster recomends that you drill a hole about an inch and a half from the end of your pipe for the best performance. If you have any other questions feel free to give them a call, they are very friendly people and will help in any way they can.

Old 02-16-2007, 10:00 PM
CycleDrider
Road Master

I had them in my big radius pipes, but they where a bit to loud for me. It was a very low pitched rumble, and when you cracked the throttle , oh boy they barked. You can install them with the pipes on the bike. Just remove the heat shields and follow the directions. I believe they ask you to drill a hole about 4 to 6 inches from the end of the pipe. The hardest part was geting the old baffles out. They are slightly curved, so you can't really twist them around to much..

Old 02-17-2007, 01:18 AM
Jstar
Novice

ORIGINAL: CycleDrider

I had them in my big radius pipes, but they where a bit to loud for me. It was a very low pitched rumble, and when you cracked the throttle , oh boy they barked. You can install them with the pipes on the bike. Just remove the heat shields and follow the directions. I believe they ask you to drill a hole about 4 to 6 inches from the end of the pipe. The hardest part was geting the old baffles out. They are slightly curved, so you can't really twist them around to much..
Are the Big Radius pipes going to be louder with Thunder Monster Baffles compared tothe Big Radius pipes with the baffles they come with?

I'm looking for a deeper throatier loopingsound than the Big Radius have with the baffles they come with... do you think I will achives this sound by putting Thunder Monster Baffles in my Big Raius pipes?

Thanks,
John

Old 02-18-2007, 07:11 PM
Jstar
Novice

ORIGINAL: CycleDrider

Doesremoving the baffles from V & H Big Radius pipes ruin the baffles?

I'm wondering if I remove the Big Radius baffels and put in Thunder Monster baffles and i don't like the Thunder Monsters willI be able to put the Big Raduis baffles back in?

Old 04-20-2007, 05:59 PM
Drtbag
Tourer

ORIGINAL: Jstar

Are the Big Radius pipes going to be louder with Thunder Monster Baffles compared tothe Big Radius pipes with the baffles they come with?

Thanks,
John
I need to bump this up. Anybody have an answer as to the sound level of the Monster baffle compared to the big radius??????????????????????

Old 04-20-2007, 08:01 PM
Trotter
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Most of the folks remove the stock baffle and cut the center out and weld in a piece of thin wall solid pipe. Move it farther forward up the pipe.. the ones I've heard sound just as good as the Thunder Baffles..

Old 04-20-2007, 10:28 PM
CycleDrider
Road Master

It was definately a lower pitch and louder. Especially when you cracked the throttle. If the VH's are relatively new you should be able to get the stock baffles out with out to much trouble. If you don't like them you can put the old ones back and fill the hole you drilled with some exuast tape. As mentioned above they where a bit to loud for me...

Old 01-04-2008, 10:15 AM
Paradox
Novice

I was just wondering about the baffle question myself. I was looking at a used Custom with Big Radius and the previous owner had pulled the baffles all togeather. They sounded good but would **** off the neighbors you haven't met in the next few neighborhoods for sure. How much would putting baffles back in lower the volume of sound?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Thunder Monster Baffles & Vance & Hines Big Radius