Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Staggered Short Shots with Floorboards

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 07:19 PM
WhereduGo?
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Staggered Short Shots with Floorboards

Hello everyone first off I am new here so thanks for any information you guys may provide. My question is I just bought a 2013 Street Bob and i am looking to change a few bits. I am looking ar the Vance and Hines Staggard Short Shots and I only have 100 miles on the bike so far and i already cant stand the Mid controls so i am looking to upgrade to the Dyna Police Style Floorboards, Now my question is will these clear without any issues or will it cause problems ? I have searched high and low and cant seem to find any info or pics on that combo. Any pics you may have of the combo would be awesome as well ! Thanks !

Old 04-01-2013, 07:46 PM
Tepidy
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You will need to use a dremel and cut out the heat shield so that the right hand brace will clear

Old 04-01-2013, 07:53 PM
WhereduGo?
Cruiser

Ok thanks for the info. I guess id better buy a used set and modify them then instead of cutting up a brand new set.. Anyone got any pics ?

Old 04-01-2013, 08:04 PM
Tepidy
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WhereduGo?
Ok thanks for the info. I guess id better buy a used set and modify them then instead of cutting up a brand new set.. Anyone got any pics ?
Somebody just posted pics a few days ago

Old 04-01-2013, 08:13 PM
Jaystn62
Stellar HDF Member

Received 213 Likes on 155 Posts

Look for thread "anyone regret switching to floorboards" or something like that. There are some pictures there.

Old 04-01-2013, 08:35 PM
20RoadGlidin
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Post #21 in this thread shows what a guy did to his big shots. I'm almost positive that the the big shots and short shots are the same besides the length, so you should be able to do the same:
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...tboards-3.html

Old 04-01-2013, 08:48 PM
perki48
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,094 Likes on 1,910 Posts

Be aware, thse are not the Old Police boards, they are the new ones that come stock on the FLD Switchback and are available as a Kit. Surdyke Price $353.49

Old 04-01-2013, 09:03 PM
WhereduGo?
Cruiser

Thanks for the info guys, super helpful it looks like this guy got them to work on his Glide without chopping the shield ....

Originally Posted by cycler
Here she is with them on. But I will be changing them to either 14 inch banana boards or Arlen Ness boards

Old 04-01-2013, 09:04 PM
WhereduGo?
Cruiser

These are the ones I was looking at, looks like a exact knock off of the OG's But I like the look of the half round ones better ..... Did somone say those came on the Crossbones ?

Old 04-01-2013, 10:06 PM
cycler
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by WhereduGo?
These are the ones I was looking at, looks like a exact knock off of the OG's But I like the look of the half round ones better ..... Did somone say those came on the Crossbones ?
That's actually my bike. Those floor boards came off of my 2010 Street glide. You cant really tell in the photo however I am running Kuryakyns extension kit as well. One inch out and one inch forward. The only difference between the long shots and short shots is the length. I just not sure how they will look with the short shots. I put this exhaust on 1500 miles ago. The half moon ones you are talking about came off a Fatboy low. However I don't think they will fit on the Harley Floorboard kit which includes brackets, shifter arm and brake. I also fitted a heel shifter on mine. If you notice I have the billet brake lever. I also have the billet heel toe shifter as well. It has to be shaved a little to fit but I got it on. That exhaust is coming off next week and I will be replacing it with a Bassani road rage instead. And hopefully next week the 107 will be completed with head and with Woods 888 cams. And lets not forget the TTS tune.

Last edited by cycler; 04-01-2013 at 10:11 PM.

Quick Reply: Staggered Short Shots with Floorboards