Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mustang Wide Tripper Solo w/backrest and Passenger Pillion Review

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 10:04 PM
jpicht
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Mustang Wide Tripper Solo w/backrest and Passenger Pillion Review

Just received the Mustang Wide Tripper Solo W/backrest and Passenger Pillion and installed today on my 2006 FXDi35 Superglide.

Got a great deal from Leatherup.com for the Solo (about $346) and Dennis Kirk for the Passenger Pillion (about $116). Ordering directly from Mustang would have cost $479 + $169.

I had to go for a ride (had to make it quick before I fed the family). Only put in about 40 miles worth, but the seat is very comfortable with the backrest. The reviews about Mustang seats being some of the most comfortable seats seem to be very accurate. This weekend I am planning a run up to the Wichita Mountains wildlife resort (about 120 miles roundtrip) to get a better idea of the long-range comfort of the seat.

I took some pics to show what it looks like on "Ethel". Let me know what you think.

Mustang Wide Tripper Solo w/backrest and Passenger Pillion Review-dsc01143.jpg

Mustang Wide Tripper Solo w/backrest and Passenger Pillion Review-dsc01144.jpg

Mustang Wide Tripper Solo w/backrest and Passenger Pillion Review-dsc01152.jpg

Mustang Wide Tripper Solo w/backrest and Passenger Pillion Review-dsc01153.jpg

Mustang Wide Tripper Solo w/backrest and Passenger Pillion Review-dsc01150.jpg

Last edited by jpicht; 04-02-2013 at 10:32 PM. Reason: finally got picture edited
Old 04-01-2013, 11:00 PM
gartec81
Grand HDF Member
Received 835 Likes on 370 Posts

Looks good. I have been thinking of getting the passenger pad to clean the lones up on my bike some.

Old 04-02-2013, 12:57 AM
EricInNCa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

Sharp looking seat! What is the width of that seat at the widest point?

Old 04-02-2013, 10:25 PM
jpicht
Tourer

According to Mustang's website it is 13" wide. I'm not so sure, but it's close. The top layer is very plush, but it firms up just under the surface. Sure seems like it will be comfortable on a long days ride. Haven't got to try it yet. After this Saturday, I will report back, as I will be in the saddle much of the day.

Wanted to ride today, however, it rained almost the entire day and we are in such a drought that I can't complain about rain (The two lakes that supply water for Wichita Falls (100,000 Population) are both below 40% capacity.

Old 04-02-2013, 10:55 PM
twerkman2
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

all I have to say is stfu that seat looks hot as two ****** breeding.

Old 04-03-2013, 10:03 AM
Jr Bob Dobbs
Cruiser
Default wide tripper w/backrest

Originally Posted by jpicht
Just received the Mustang Wide Tripper Solo W/backrest and Passenger Pillion and installed today on my 2006 FXDi35 Superglide.

Got a great deal from Leatherup.com for the Solo (about $346) and Dennis Kirk for the Passenger Pillion (about $116). Ordering directly from Mustang would have cost $479 + $169.

I had to go for a ride (had to make it quick before I fed the family). Only put in about 40 miles worth, but the seat is very comfortable with the backrest. The reviews about Mustang seats being some of the most comfortable seats seem to be very accurate. This weekend I am planning a run up to the Wichita Mountains wildlife resort (about 120 miles roundtrip) to get a better idea of the long-range comfort of the seat.

I took some pics to show what it looks like on "Ethel". Let me know what you think.

Attachment 307700

Attachment 307703

Attachment 307704

Attachment 307705

Attachment 307706
I have the same seat very comfortable use the back rest on longer trips round town short hops leave at home.

Old 04-03-2013, 11:29 AM
AussieTX
Tourer
Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

Thanks for the review, I have that same set up on the way to me (should arrive today).
Bad rain down here today, meant to be gone tomorrow so I'll take her for a spin and let you guys know what I think.

Old 04-09-2013, 08:51 PM
RAS2011
Advanced
Question

Originally Posted by jpicht
Hey man, still like the Mustang seat? How do you protect you rear fender paint from the pillion seat? Any marring? or does the bib cover the marks?

Thanks
Rich

Old 04-09-2013, 09:50 PM
jpicht
Tourer

Here is the review I posted after a 170 mile ride:
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...on-review.html

I've since put another couple hundred miles on it since and am getting used to it around town. Really comfortable for short hops. Still not sure about touring, have to wait for summer (I'm a coach/teacher and get the summers off) to really try some longer trips.

RAS2011: As far as the passenger pillion damaging the paint, it doesn't appear to be a problem. Mustang has constructed the seat with "bumpers" that do a great job of protecting the paint. Also, I have run the pillion with my fender bib underneath (just as a test) and the seat still mounts up easily.

Old 04-12-2013, 07:34 AM
artpe54
Tourer
Received 32 Likes on 10 Posts

I have a Mustang seat and pillion also, no back rest. Great seat for touring and around town cruising. I like the floor boards you have installed. Where did you get them?

Quick Reply: Mustang Wide Tripper Solo w/backrest and Passenger Pillion Review