Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need advice for my Fat Bob (2010)

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2013, 09:09 PM
TKD JD
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need advice for my Fat Bob (2010)

I've looked around for some of the answers but keep running into walls or discussions that come up under search that have nothing to do with what I'm trying to find----I'm still new to this forum so I'm sure there are things I'm missing......anyway, here are a couple questions or areas I'd like advise or thoughts on for my 2010 Fat Bob (forward controls)

Pics of bike are coming--Im out of town right now in Cleveland.

1. has anyone done a 2" lift on their tank and have pics (just not sure how it will look on the FB)---I found people talking about it, but no pics. anyone seen any that you could point me to?

2. What is the easiest way to get another 1.5-2 inches or so on the handlebars? I'd like to keep the drag bars but bring them up maybe a bit and back at the same time.

3. For other Fat Bob owners....what are some of the best upgrades or mods you have done? So far I've done stage 1, stage 2, added V&H big radius, changed grips, just ordered new horn, throttle boss, added bags, changed to sundowner seat, changed suspension on back and dropped it an inch or so, replaced mirrors, and now I'm looking to see what else I can do----looking at probably moving the license plate, getting a better tail light, maybe looking at a batwing fairing or a 1/4 fairing----the HD detachable windshield causes a ton of buffeting for me so I hardly ever use it. Any recommendations?

4. Also looking for a fork bag and tool bag....haven't found one I like yet---recommendations?

5. anyone know of a place that makes holsters that can fit on handlebars or attach somewhere easily?

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

Old 04-05-2013, 10:56 PM
Puffdaddy
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TKD JD
I've looked around for some of the answers but keep running into walls or discussions that come up under search that have nothing to do with what I'm trying to find----I'm still new to this forum so I'm sure there are things I'm missing......anyway, here are a couple questions or areas I'd like advise or thoughts on for my 2010 Fat Bob (forward controls)

1. has anyone done a 2" lift on their tank and have pics (just not sure how it will look on the FB)---I found people talking about it, but no pics. anyone seen any that you could point me to?
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/members/145991--10fatglidin--albums-23524-2010-hd-fxdfg.html
pics of 10FatGlidin's Sweet "Bob

2. What is the easiest way to get another 1.5-2 inches or so on the handlebars? I'd like to keep the drag bars but bring them up maybe a bit and back at the same time.
http://www.spacerjim.com/HarleySpacers.html

3. For other Fat Bob owners....what are some of the best upgrades or mods you have done? So far I've done stage 1, stage 2, added V&H big radius, changed grips, just ordered new horn, throttle boss, added bags, changed to sundowner seat, changed suspension on back and dropped it an inch or so, replaced mirrors, and now I'm looking to see what else I can do----looking at probably moving the license plate, getting a better tail light, maybe looking at a batwing fairing or a 1/4 fairing----the HD detachable windshield causes a ton of buffeting for me so I hardly ever use it. Any recommendations?
Sounds like you have the mods taken care of! Here is my favorite Bat wing for the Bob https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...b-fairing.html

4. Also looking for a fork bag and tool bag....haven't found one I like yet---recommendations?
The new Dyna down tube bags is pricey, but looks sweet
http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

5. anyone know of a place that makes holsters that can fit on handlebars or attach somewhere easily?
???

This is all here, just have to dig a bit ;-)

Old 04-05-2013, 10:59 PM
slvrbck33
Cruiser

Holster? You in Iowa?

Old 04-05-2013, 11:25 PM
Dead Creek Cycles
Former Sponsor
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hi TKDJD,

In response to the question about the tank lift, we have a kit that will work for your bike. Our lift brackets are a coffin design and add a unique styling feature to your bike. You can see closeup pics of the 2" kit on a Dyna on our website here:

http://www.deadcreekcycles.com/Gas-T...ls_p_1101.html

Here's a pic:

If you have any questions, just let us know.

Old 04-05-2013, 11:29 PM
TKD JD
Intermediate

ask an ye' shall receive....THANKS Puffdaddy!

haha no, not Iowa.....I normally carry--so I'd like an easier place to put it on my bike while riding and then transfer it to me when I get off the bike....just a comfort thing vs. having it dig into me while riding

Old 04-06-2013, 01:05 AM
CrazyK
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

2" tanklift & 2" spacers added to the risers

Old 04-06-2013, 01:34 AM
Ratbob
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I like the lines with the 2" tank lift on my FB.

Try spacer Jim's 2" spacers to raise the bars. Since the risers are angled back the bars end up higher and closer. They are comfortable for me at 6' and 250 lbs.

As far as comfort mods, after the Mustang Vintage wide (with removable passenger pillion) I'd have to say adding the stirrups to the forward pegs gives the best bang for your buck.

I went the other way on suspension 'cause I like to rip through the twisties. I went with 13"Ricors in back with intiminators in the tubes. Then added a true-trak to eliminate rear steer and this puppy rides like it's on rails and stuck to the road.

Add a good set of CAMs and muscling out of a tight curve is pure adrenaline therapy. Needless to say I love the way my bike rides, it suits me perfect, but it sure cost a lot to get to this point.

Old 04-06-2013, 02:13 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,939 Likes on 2,294 Posts

Originally Posted by TKD JD

This video may be of help in seeing different looks-

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 04-06-2013, 07:40 AM
blacknsilver
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I have a 2" tank lift and added 8" risers. Or you can get risers with more pull back if that is what you want. I like the lines of the lift. I do not have tool bag but got some small throwover bags for under the seat which work good for me model DTU01BL. Bags here

Old 04-06-2013, 08:22 AM
TKD JD
Intermediate

Damn! nice bikes...love the look...thank you for sharing pics! I'm definitely doing the lift.

Questions if you guys don't mind continuing to help the slow guy here.

1. Is there much difference in adding spacers vs. new risers performance wise or needing new lines/cables etc?

2. Can you tell me more about what the tru-trak and intiminators impact the bike? I used to ride sport bikes pre-2010 (Yamaha FZ-1) I "liked" them, but "love" my FB.

3. Any recommendations for CAMS?

Thank you again for helping me and giving me more first hand experience vs. marketing hype.

Quick Reply: need advice for my Fat Bob (2010)