Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mustang Wide Tripper Solo w/backrest and Passenger Pillion Review

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2013, 04:54 PM
jpicht
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Mustang Wide Tripper Solo w/backrest and Passenger Pillion Review

Recently I purchased a Mustang Wide Tripper Solo w/backrest. Yesterday I put about 170 miles on it riding to the Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge (had lunch at Meers.....best burgers EVER) and wanted to relate about the comfort of the seat.

While it is very comfortable around town, and great looking to boot, I have my reservations about the touring comfort on a long ride. I didn't get any "numb butt" from the ride, however, I didn't feel like riding another 200-300 miles either. It was a windy day and I did take the Interstate to and from the Mountains, so that could have had a lot to do with my fatigue. Also, I have read that you need to ride several hundred miles on a Mustang for it to break in.

Lastly, I would like to have a solo seat that pushes me back from the stock seat. Sadly, I have not been able to find one. I may have to break down and look into either the LePera "Daddy Long Legs" or the "Sport Tour" from C&C for that extra leg room. I do have forward controls and highway pegs on my engine guard and don't think that's the main problem.

Oh well, I still like how my bike's starting to look. My next projects are (in no particular order) cams, suspension, apes, and saddlebags.

Mustang Wide Tripper Solo w/backrest and Passenger Pillion Review-dsc01150.jpg

Mustang Wide Tripper Solo w/backrest and Passenger Pillion Review-dsc01144.jpg

Mustang Wide Tripper Solo w/backrest and Passenger Pillion Review-dsc01152.jpg

Mustang Wide Tripper Solo w/backrest and Passenger Pillion Review-dsc01143.jpg

Mustang Wide Tripper Solo w/backrest and Passenger Pillion Review-dsc01151.jpg

Old 04-07-2013, 06:35 PM
Qdog002
Stellar HDF Member
Received 866 Likes on 546 Posts

Thanks for a honest review. Even with the back rest you have reservations. Looking forward to hearing how you like it after a few hundred miles. I`m looking into getting the Mustang vintage solo with back rest.

Old 04-07-2013, 06:58 PM
WideGlideFever
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I have a Drag Specialties (I think its a predator) seat that sits me back further and lower. It is more comfortable than stock, looks better, but I dont think its touring worthy either.

My third seat is a Mustang Wide Vintage with backrest. Even though it sits me up a little higher and a little more forward, it is wayyyyyy more comfortable! I bought it used, so it may have been "broken in" for me already, but honestly I am VERY happy with it!

Old 04-07-2013, 09:07 PM
jojo2dog
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

have the big mustang with the backrest, had a tripper before no comparison 2 completely different seats tripper looks a lot better, but tough after 100 miles, the touring seat with the backrest all day, only have to stop for gas