Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 FXDWG fuel injection problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2013, 10:55 PM
Firewoman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
Default 2010 FXDWG fuel injection problem

Today I was out on my bike and I stopped and filled the tank. When I tried to start my bike to leave my fuel injection wouldn't come on. I also noticed that it showsLow reserve but it's got a full tank. I checked all of the fuses and none are blown. I did notice a small amount of corrosion on a few of them though. Needless to say I had to have the bike taken home on a trailer and am now worried about what the problem is.

Has anyone had this problem or does anyone have any suggestions about a fix?

Old 04-08-2013, 02:59 AM
O-Town D
Road Master
Received 61 Likes on 45 Posts

You might check to see if a trouble code is displayed on your LCD. If no code, you could try disconnecting the batt for a few minutes to reset the ECM. Hope you get it worked out.
~

Old 04-08-2013, 10:53 AM
Firewoman
Extreme HDF Member

There is a red light that comes on, I'm going to try disconnecting the battery and hope that works. This is so exasperating to say the least, especially since my insurance company, whom I pay for road side assistance, left me hanging.

I love my bike and I just want it to work.

Thanks so much for your reply.

Old 04-08-2013, 10:57 AM
dirtdobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Engine light has a small engine icon that is orange or yellow,
Does the red light look like a key on the speedo?
If the red light is on the dash, where the turn signals lights are could be oil light

Last edited by dirtdobber; 04-08-2013 at 11:00 AM.
Old 04-08-2013, 11:55 AM
Firewoman
Extreme HDF Member

It's red and it's right next to the gear indicator. Normally when I turn the bike on only the green N for neutral comes on along with the fuel injection light on the speedo. I wait for the fuel injection light to go off before starting the bike. The fuel injection light did go off but I noticed that I couldn't hear the fuel injection.

There was a red light that looked like a key that came on and I'm trying to remember if that light usually comes on. This would be easier to recall if it hadn't been 6 months since I had my bike out.

Old 04-08-2013, 01:42 PM
wideopen4life
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

By fuel injection, do you mean the priming of the fuel pump?

Old 04-08-2013, 03:15 PM
Robotech
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm pretty sure that's what she means. Sounds like the fuel pump isn't running on "key on". If you don't take it to the dealer then you need to troubleshoot your fuel pump. Start at your fuses. Corosion can cause a break in conductivity so clean off the fuse connections and put in fresh fuses. Next check your relays. I don't have my Dyna manual handy but there may be a fuel pump relay that has gone bad. Test that and replace if necessarly. If all that checks out, see if the pump is connected properly to the wiring harness then check to make sure there is power running to it (Naturally this means draining the tank and removing the pump from the tank). If that all checks out, hook the pump up directly to a battery. It should turn on. If it doesn't, you have a bad pump.

Last edited by Robotech; 04-09-2013 at 10:01 AM.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:49 PM
Firewoman
Extreme HDF Member

I think it's going to have to go to the dealer. I'm a girl and all this take the fuel pump out stuff is beyond me. I was hoping it would be something simple but that is never how my luck runs. I would like to thank everyone for their replies and help. I will be sure to let you know what the outcome is once it's been in and out of the shop. I have an appointment for it on the 17th which seems like forever from now.

I really appreciate that you all were willing to help out a new comer to the site.

Old 04-09-2013, 10:00 AM
Robotech
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Firewoman
I think it's going to have to go to the dealer. I'm a girl and all this take the fuel pump out stuff is beyond me. I was hoping it would be something simple but that is never how my luck runs. I would like to thank everyone for their replies and help. I will be sure to let you know what the outcome is once it's been in and out of the shop. I have an appointment for it on the 17th which seems like forever from now.

I really appreciate that you all were willing to help out a new comer to the site.
Let us know what they say but believe me, this isn't beyond you. It may seem overwhelming but it is something you could do yourself. Do you have a service manual for your bike? Do you have tools to work on it? If not, then it becomes a more difficult task for sure.

Old 04-09-2013, 11:01 AM
Foxster
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Dumb question: the kill switch aint on is it?

Quick Reply: 2010 FXDWG fuel injection problem