Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C&C Fastback vs Mustang Solo Wide

Old 04-08-2013, 08:55 PM
DonN
Road Warrior
Received 207 Likes on 141 Posts
Default C&C Fastback vs Mustang Solo Wide

I have the Mustang Vintage Wide Solo w/backrest on a 2008 FXDC. i like the solo w/o backrest, but when I use the backrest, it puts me a little to close to the tank and I feel cramped on the mid pegs. Forwards are too long.

Does anyone have the C&C Fastback/Squareback/Sport tour with the backrest? How does it put you compared to stock? Up, down, forward or back. I know the C&C is a two-up.

I like having the backrest for longer rides (3+ hours), so am happy with the Mustang, just wish the backrest didnt cramp me up as much.

Old 04-08-2013, 09:03 PM
Northbound Southerner
Elite HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by DonN
I have the Mustang Vintage Wide Solo w/backrest on a 2008 FXDC. i like the solo w/o backrest, but when I use the backrest, it puts me a little to close to the tank and I feel cramped on the mid pegs. Forwards are too long.

Does anyone have the C&C Fastback/Squareback/Sport tour with the backrest? How does it put you compared to stock? Up, down, forward or back. I know the C&C is a two-up.

I like having the backrest for longer rides (3+ hours), so am happy with the Mustang, just wish the backrest didnt cramp me up as much.
I have a fast back showing up Friday. I have had a Mustang. I'll let you know...

Old 04-08-2013, 09:51 PM
AussieTX
Tourer
Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

I recently got a Mustang solo wide tripper w/ backrest, works great for me but occasionally I get vibration running up the backrest. Still working out why the vibration is happening at certain times.
As far as the C&C fastback, I have one but without a backrest. My back is in bad shape but the C&C allowed some decent back support without having the look of a backrest. Turns out I needed more support so I got the Mustang set up (big thanks to themouth for selling it to me).
But anyway the C&C fastback already offers some decent back support so I imagine with a backrest it would be a pretty comfortable rig (back wise), the seat on the other side isn't quite as soft as I had hoped for.

Old 04-08-2013, 10:05 PM
DonN
Road Warrior
Received 207 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by AussieTX
I recently got a Mustang solo wide tripper w/ backrest, works great for me but occasionally I get vibration running up the backrest. Still working out why the vibration is happening at certain times.
As far as the C&C fastback, I have one but without a backrest. My back is in bad shape but the C&C allowed some decent back support without having the look of a backrest. Turns out I needed more support so I got the Mustang set up (big thanks to themouth for selling it to me).
But anyway the C&C fastback already offers some decent back support so I imagine with a backrest it would be a pretty comfortable rig (back wise), the seat on the other side isn't quite as soft as I had hoped for.
Thanks. Does the C&C w/o backrest have more support than the mustang w/o backrest? Also, how does it sit you compared to the mustang - forward/back up/down?

Old 04-08-2013, 11:46 PM
Jlongshore
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My brother in law has the Mustang squareback without backrest. I have the CC Fastback with a backrest. I have ridden with both. While the Mustang has a softer seat, the Fastback fits me perfect. Fastback seats me back and down about an inch or so compared to the Mustang and stock seats. I use the backrest if I am going on trips longer than 5 hrs. It is awesome!! The backrest really does not push me forward, it just keeps me from slouching and keeps my back straight up and down. The thing is my brother in law and I both have forward controls so I don't know how much this really helps you.

Old 04-09-2013, 08:49 AM
fxdx-matt
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got a fastback w/o the backrest and I love it. It is 1000% better than the stock fxdx seat that was on mine when I bought it. As for where it positions you from the bars, it set me back at least an inch (maybe 2) and down just slightly. And as was said before, pretty good back support for not having the backrest. I don't know if I would really call the fastback a 2 up seat though the passenger portion is pretty narrow and firm. If your planning on 2 up, a sport toured or square back might suit you better.

Matt