Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Performance Pipe for my Dyna?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2013, 10:05 PM
WhiskeyHarley
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Performance Pipe for my Dyna?

Wondering what the general opinion is here. Looking to get the most performance out of a set of pipes...what should I get? Would prefer to keep it under a grand, but if there is a set that will work now, and with different future performance upgrades (cams, intakes, heads, etc), they could be a little more. Bike is stock performance wise at the moment.

Old 04-08-2013, 10:30 PM
thedonthere
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

SuperTrapp SuperMeg....the best tunable pipe there is imho

Old 04-08-2013, 11:28 PM
oldlefty
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i run supertrapp also. i have a lot of vance and hines in the past and am happier with ST. performance and sound i like 2 into 1 pipes. imo they are the best but i know a few guys with race bikes that run short duels but they are super loud for the street.
what ever you do, make sure you get the pipe you are going to like cuz you don't want to buy two. they are costly.

Old 04-09-2013, 12:09 AM
highwayman1224
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

This is my 3rd bike with a Thunderheader, great sound & performance. This exhaust will work with any future mods that you decide to do.

Old 04-09-2013, 12:39 AM
Spud17
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bassani Road rage 2 mega power. Great looks sound and performance. Never been a fan of the supertrapps because of the disks but that's just me.

Old 04-09-2013, 12:45 AM
Red Dragons
Road Master
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by thedonthere
SuperTrapp SuperMeg....the best tunable pipe there is imho

Old 04-09-2013, 08:49 AM
fxdc rider
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

supertrapp for me, love the tunability. with all 20 disks and closed end cap its almost twice as loud as the epa screamin eagle slip ons. just ordered the open end cap for a little more sound, i love that i can play around with it to get the sound where i want. i had a thunderheader and it sucked. imo it sounded horible, was too loud for me, and unless you spend most of your riding at 4000 rpm and above it has no low end tourque or power. the t-header is a high rpm pipe. another reason i love the supertrapp is that it has the most cornering clearence of all the 2into1 pipes

Old 04-09-2013, 12:51 PM
highwayman1224
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by fxdc rider
supertrapp for me, love the tunability. with all 20 disks and closed end cap its almost twice as loud as the epa screamin eagle slip ons. just ordered the open end cap for a little more sound, i love that i can play around with it to get the sound where i want. i had a thunderheader and it sucked. imo it sounded horible, was too loud for me, and unless you spend most of your riding at 4000 rpm and above it has no low end tourque or power. the t-header is a high rpm pipe. another reason i love the supertrapp is that it has the most cornering clearence of all the 2into1 pipes
LMAO! I doubt you ever had a thunderheader because there's no need to have it over 4,000 rpm to get power out of it! Some of you guy's really make me laugh!

Old 04-09-2013, 12:56 PM
Red Dragons
Road Master
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by highwayman1224
LMAO! I doubt you ever had a thunderheader because there's no need to have it over 4,000 rpm to get power out of it! Some of you guy's really make me laugh!
Well, 4000 is a bit extreme but the TH is well known for being a higher rpm performer and somewhat lacking on the lower end. It's just too open, which is why some people try to fix this by bending the tabs in at the outlet. I'm not saying it's not still a good pipe, it was just too loud for me and I think the tunability of the ST alone makes it superior to any pipe that isn't tunable. And there's also the clearance issue with the TH. Just sayin.

Old 04-09-2013, 01:51 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

i run a modded bub lakester,i am very very happy with it for looks, performance, and sound

Quick Reply: Performance Pipe for my Dyna?