Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lessons Learned

Old 04-09-2013, 12:21 AM
Skymish174
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lessons Learned

Hello everybody,
I am afraid that I am going to have to retract some of my earlier comments. After certain shady dealings, I cannot back Conelys Custom Cycles. I have found that not a single verbal agreement/contract has been honored.

I sorry to write an epic but I am dissatisfied with the level of honesty I dealt with at that shop. In fact, it was so egregious that I felt the need to vent about it on the internet.

I am sure he will respond with some petty character assasination attempts, as per his latest instagram war, the only reason I am doing this is so that it won't happen to someone else.

Bottom line up front: He is not an honest man.
I have filed a grievance with the Better Business Bureau, but that is a waste of time, he is not a member. I think that giving this man your hard earned money is a bad idea.

I did not agree to the original estimate. I disagreed so much that I did not sign the original work order. I was looking for items to remove from the list. His response was that those quotes were "book prices" and he would do it for 20% less. There were many other discussions of how he was going to "Hook me up" with other manufacturers and the what not, none of that came to fruition.

He took money, from my CC, for parts and labor without my permission. When I brought it to his attention he assured me that this was the cost of the outside parts. I told him that I did not agree and that the entire job was supposed to cost $4500 I asked for an itemized parts list and receipts( a ridiculous request as a paying customer, I know!) for months. I still do not have that in my possession.

I am an American who believes in the American dream. The lights, time, tools, lifts, and sand paper all cost money. I am not refuting that he deserved payment. I would agree that I was happy with my bike when he was done. I was not happy with the ambiguity of the final bill. I am certain that I do not possess all of the items that I paid for and that I will never recover the $1000.00 he overcharged me. My only recourse is to try and save you from the same fate.

I will happily disclose other facts if the thread bears any interest. This thing is sad and ridiculous. I intend to take him to small claims court. All I can say is that I should have done more research. I take culpability for my decisions

Last edited by Skymish174; 04-09-2013 at 12:40 AM.
Old 04-09-2013, 09:21 AM
thedonthere
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that's good to know,tough lesson learned I guess

Old 04-09-2013, 12:43 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Skymish174
I intend to take him to small claims court.

Man sorry for your bad luck with this guy/shop. Word of advice though.. If you plan on suing someone, don't get on the internet and blab about it, at least not until your case is filed with the courts.

Old 04-09-2013, 10:19 PM
Skymish174
Advanced

I would agree with both responses. Once again I don't expect to recover anything from this thread or expect taking him to small claims court will do anything for me. I do want to let the people of this area know that a potential problem exists. I will not bad mouth his products, just his business practices. Search his name and I will not be the first on on this subject. I should have done the same.

Last edited by Skymish174; 04-09-2013 at 10:32 PM.
Old 04-09-2013, 11:45 PM
HYPR
Road Master
Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Skymish174

He took money, from my CC, for parts and labor without my permission. When I brought it to his attention he assured me that this was the cost of the outside parts. I told him that I did not agree and that the entire job was supposed to cost $4500 I asked for an itemized parts list and receipts( a ridiculous request as a paying customer, I know!) for months. I still do not have that in my possession.
I have no dog in this fight and only offer advice and knowledge.
If a vendor charges a credit card without your permission then you can dispute the charges with the credit card vendor and they will reverse the charge at very least while they investigate the claim. If it is as you appear to accuse then the action is theft and credit card fraud and considering the amount it is a felony.
I recommend you consult with a legal professional and law enforcement if you feel you have someone using your credit card without your permission.
Bob

Old 04-10-2013, 12:37 AM
Joboo1966
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by HYPR
I have no dog in this fight and only offer advice and knowledge.
If a vendor charges a credit card without your permission then you can dispute the charges with the credit card vendor and they will reverse the charge at very least while they investigate the claim. If it is as you appear to accuse then the action is theft and credit card fraud and considering the amount it is a felony.
I recommend you consult with a legal professional and law enforcement if you feel you have someone using your credit card without your permission.
Bob
+1 on that.

Old 04-10-2013, 07:12 PM
Skymish174
Advanced

Thank you for the advice. I will let you know how that goes.

Old 04-29-2013, 08:07 PM
Skymish174
Advanced

The bank gave me my cash back. I appreciate the advice. I only asked for the $1000.00 contested

Old 04-29-2013, 09:03 PM
Mike650
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

my 2 cents on this, i will say their customer service is pretty bad. i ordered a tsport fairing from them but wasnt expecting to wait 6 months to get it. they charged my card right away and never heard anything for 3 months. and i was fully aware they were made to order, but 3 months... so i started calling with ZERO answers for weeks. tried email, nothing. they could be alot better if they change their customer service and dont charge your credit card until they actually ship your item(s)....

Old 04-29-2013, 10:50 PM
rs87277
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Man never will i deal with them

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lessons Learned