Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD Dyna Oil Cooler

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2013, 07:37 AM
10ovr
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HD Dyna Oil Cooler

So I buy a HD Premium oil cooler and the first instruction is to glue the cover on too the cooler with high performance sealant,,Side note on instructions ( additional parts required ) Sealant,,,Cheep bastards don't even give you the sealant LOL,,,I can just see it flying off on the freeway and sticking in the front grill of a Mercedes ,,Not a big fan of two face tape or glue holding parts on a bike or car,,,So I made a simple bracket to hold the cover on with some scrap aluminum ,,, Drilled cover,,drilled bracket and taped,,Cover is not going to fall off now,,Just need to clean it up and paint it now,,,It's also faces the frame when mounted so you well really never see it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,

Old 04-10-2013, 09:04 AM
fxdc rider
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

nice work. it sucks that they charge a ton of money for stuff and dont include everything to finish the install

Old 04-10-2013, 09:52 AM
hd4evr2008
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,837 Likes on 824 Posts

Been wondering about an oil cooler for my bike...............just to keep it cooler. I've heard so many pros and cons about oil coolers. Needed/not needed, etc. Kinda like the dealer download. <----Some love it, some think it's a waste of money.

What's the REAL deal on oil coolers. Cooler bike, or waste of money?

Old 04-10-2013, 05:10 PM
10ovr
Advanced

Painted,,Applied sealant,,Installed bracket,,,Looks factory,,LOL

Old 04-10-2013, 05:32 PM
topdwg
Tourer

Looks good but you probably spent more on materials than the sealant. I just put the same kit in my bike over the weekend and the sealant is pretty dang solid, plus I only paid 7 bucks for it.

Old 04-10-2013, 05:55 PM
HYPR
Road Master
Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

10Over, Nice fabrication. Obviously the other poster doesn't share the same opion we do, quality and time spent are far more important than cost. In the long run quality workmanship will leave an impression far after the memory of saving a few bucks wears off or is gone from your mind.
Bob

Old 04-10-2013, 06:06 PM
_LostSoul_
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Good job

Old 04-10-2013, 06:28 PM
Tepidy
Tourer

Originally Posted by hd4evr2008
Been wondering about an oil cooler for my bike...............just to keep it cooler. I've heard so many pros and cons about oil coolers. Needed/not needed, etc. Kinda like the dealer download. <----Some love it, some think it's a waste of money.

What's the REAL deal on oil coolers. Cooler bike, or waste of money?
Just my two cents- cool as hell although most are a big waste of money. The time you need extra cooling the most is when the bike is at a stop in traffic. These coolers are not forced air so you need to be moving for them to work.

Old 04-10-2013, 07:11 PM
10ovr
Advanced

Originally Posted by HYPR
10Over, Nice fabrication. Obviously the other poster doesn't share the same opion we do, quality and time spent are far more important than cost. In the long run quality workmanship will leave an impression far after the memory of saving a few bucks wears off or is gone from your mind.
Bob
Thanks Bob,,,I agree with you 100%,,I spent a week at my buddies shop making a clamp on his CNC for my BMW motorcycle fuel pump leak just because BMW is in denial that they have a problem and won't cover them,,Over $600 bucks for the pump,,After I finished, I posted in on line,,One thing led to another and now another buddy in Jersey sells them for me,,Over 5000 sold,,Some times it dose pay,,LOL In the first picture you can see the bung cracking ,,When it goes you get a nice mist of fuel all over the motor,,Nice,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Last edited by 10ovr; 04-10-2013 at 07:20 PM.
Old 04-10-2013, 07:16 PM
DonN
Road Warrior
Received 207 Likes on 141 Posts

FYI, Jagg now sells both a vertical and now a horizontal fan assisted oil cooler. You also need to get the oilfilter adapter, so its not cheap for the entire kit.

http://www.jagg.com/hd-dyna.html

I am having the horizontal installed, used to have a vertical but wanted the extra cooling from a fan as I have been stuck in traffic and the parade mode kicked in.

Quick Reply: HD Dyna Oil Cooler