Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vance and Hines 2-2 Big Radius.... Just how loud?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2013, 06:08 PM
MedHatter
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vance and Hines 2-2 Big Radius.... Just how loud?

Im hearing these are pretty loud... but i checked them out on YouTube and they dont seem that bad... i know i know.. its YouTube, right. But honestly, how loud are they, are they going to rattle the neighbours windows across the street and set off car alarms? Is there any aftermarket baffles?

Old 04-10-2013, 06:15 PM
Northbound Southerner
Elite HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by MedHatter
Im hearing these are pretty loud... but i checked them out on YouTube and they dont seem that bad... i know i know.. its YouTube, right. But honestly, how loud are they, are they going to rattle the neighbours windows across the street and set off car alarms? Is there any aftermarket baffles?
Yep to all of that. They are loud and will set off alarms...I put BCT QQ baffles in mine. Not really quieter. Just a less raspy, deeper tone. You get used to the noise....

Old 04-10-2013, 06:19 PM
Stangheel
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have them on my wide glide... they aren't window rattling at all. They have a nice lowish rumble and aren't too loud. Only in the garage are they really loud. ya think? lol... People tell me they know when I'm coming so obviously they have some sound there, but noone has complained so... I also haven't set off any alarms, yet...

Old 04-10-2013, 06:47 PM
MedHatter
Advanced

Originally Posted by Stangheel
I have them on my wide glide... they aren't window rattling at all. They have a nice lowish rumble and aren't too loud. Only in the garage are they really loud. ya think? lol... People tell me they know when I'm coming so obviously they have some sound there, but noone has complained so... I also haven't set off any alarms, yet...

Thats kind of what i was thinking.. I like the looks of them, but well i dont want to **** of everyone on my block each and everytime i go down the street. Thanks

Old 04-10-2013, 06:52 PM
WG2011
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

They are loud for baffled pipes, unbaffled pipes are louder no doubt. I would say if your only worry is neighbors don't worry about that. if you tend not to like loud pipes probably not your best option. I love mine!

Old 04-10-2013, 07:35 PM
bigslick2012wg
6th Gear

Theres no such thing as to loud go get em

Old 04-10-2013, 08:18 PM
dirtdobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Here is a short video to listen to the V&H 2 into 2 big radius
They are loud
This is from a distance so you only get a idea on how they sound

Old 04-10-2013, 11:38 PM
DanOX699
Cruiser

They have a great sound. I love mine. The lady complains about them when I'm leaving the garage, no neighbors so no complaints there. Get em

Old 04-10-2013, 11:47 PM
The Outlaw
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

i dont think mine are loud at all... and at speed with a half helmet i dont even hear them unless i crack on it.

my only complaint with them is the rear one blocks the dipstick and needs to come off to check the level. has me considering spending the $100 on a digital dipstick..

i wouldnt mind if mine were a bit louder. not that i want to **** anyone off but im new to harley and have trouble deciding when to shift when i cant hear it.

Old 04-11-2013, 04:19 AM
dms250
Novice

my 07 streetbob came with them (bought it used) and without baffles. I found the pipes to look great but be just a tad too loud especially since I leave out early everyday and our houses are so close to the neighbors you can hear them fart...I was going to put VH baffles in but went with the smart partz baffles by themselves and it really takes the sting out of the pipes but keeps them sounding good...at least they no longer set of my neighbors truck alarm when I idle by his driveway. added some backpressure too!

Quick Reply: Vance and Hines 2-2 Big Radius.... Just how loud?