Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

street bob (springer) almost done

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2013, 12:49 PM
beaudaciousb
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sweet jesus!!!

FIRST OF ALL THANKS FOR ALL OF YOUR COMMENTS!!!!

1. tank lift was tried however the adapter plate i have for my stock risers and handlebars doesn't work with a tank lift

2. it is a mid-usa springer front (stock length) i have road6customs bars

3. the reason why i went with the spring seat is because it allows me to stretch my legs out a few more inches im 6"2 and my grips derby timming and seat all have the Jack Daniels logs on them but i also run a leperra bare bones as well.

if there are anymore questions feel free to ask!!! thanks for all your comments!!!!! once i get the front brake cailper on ill do a walk around and start up video on youtube post the link in here

Old 04-13-2013, 04:28 PM
toastman
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

i dig it man, can't wait to see the finished product.

i'd lower the *** end to bring down that gap at the end of the fender.

i'd also go with an old-school looking air cleaner and even up the wrap on the pipes. even amounts of chrome from the exhaust tips would look bitchin.

nice job!

Old 04-13-2013, 07:45 PM
beaudaciousb
Advanced

thanks the wraps in the works the shocks im going to adjust down to close the gap i feel ya on the air cleaner but for some reason i just like the hyper charger

Old 04-13-2013, 08:00 PM
toastman
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by beaudaciousb
thanks the wraps in the works the shocks im going to adjust down to close the gap i feel ya on the air cleaner but for some reason i just like the hyper charger
then by all means, man...rock it!

Old 04-16-2013, 07:55 PM
beaudaciousb
Advanced
Default done!

so i took it for a ride today but it kinda seems like it wants to go all over the road.... any thoughts? what can cause this? im sure with the springer and the larger tire upfront it might make for a lil rougher ride but not what i had going on....

thanks,

beau

Attached Thumbnails street bob (springer) almost done-imag0185.jpg   street bob (springer) almost done-100media-imag0186.jpg  
Old 04-16-2013, 08:00 PM
Northbound Southerner
Elite HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 70 Posts

so i took it for a ride today but it kinda seems like it wants to go all over the road.... any thoughts? what can cause this? im sure with the springer and the larger tire upfront it might make for a lil rougher ride but not what i had going on....

thanks,

beau
That bike is awesome! It could be as simple as a misadjusted steering head bearing?

Old 04-16-2013, 09:03 PM
Wykd
Tourer

Is your front wheel true/aligned properly? Just wondering if you have a spacer issue or the wheel is out of balance, not true, etc... a lot going on with a spoke wheel and spacers that could making it loose feeling up front.

Could it also be the feel of front end coupled with the taller apes combined have changed the feel that much to you? The tall apes will make it feel different and that fork will as well. According to Paughco you need the +3 length for the forks to maintain proper ratio etc... when I called them last week. That mid usa is a stock length so dunno if that is making any difference to the handling issues you are experiencing, but am curious myself as you have motivated me to start researching. I just can't picture that fork +3 longer though (without increase in rake), it would really raise that front up and if the back was lowered any would look really silly.

thanks,

beau

Last edited by Wykd; 04-16-2013 at 09:06 PM.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:58 PM
beaudaciousb
Advanced

both good points ill prob have to run it down to the shop and have everything looked over again dammit so close. and ya a +3 on that front end would push that up to high hmmm....

Old 04-17-2013, 01:10 AM
oldlefty
Tourer

great looking set up. i dig it man!!

Old 04-17-2013, 05:57 AM
Wykd
Tourer

oh btw... it does look kick *** bro!

I am seriously looking into the mid-usa springer now. Turns out I know someone who has been messing with springer based bobbers for a cpl yrs now and he said the mid-usa are solid enough brand to use. He rates the big company (non HD) brands from bad to good DNA/Mid-USA/Paughco. He said the only real difference he noticed is the quality of the bolt on parts (bushings, springs, etc...), so at the 1st rebuild just put on some better quality rebuild parts and then its a mute point.

Quick Reply: street bob (springer) almost done