Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Performance Machine/Roland Sands

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2013, 07:52 PM
MovingGlaciers
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Performance Machine/Roland Sands

This might seem stupid, but I'm having my exhaust and stage 1 installed next Friday. I like the Super Gas air cleaner, but I'm wondering if it's just better to fork out the cash for an RSD. Any reason other than looks to spend the 100 dollar difference? Or the Merc is the same price as an RSD, but I can't find too many reviews.

Old 04-23-2013, 08:31 PM
QC-RAIDERS-91
Road Captain

Any air cleaner will give you the same performance,performance and rsd are a father/son compagny so they use pretty much the same base,with that said it's up to you if you're willing to spend the cash

Old 04-23-2013, 08:34 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

There is no performance difference. Both will flow more than enough air. Both are great quality too. Good choices.

Old 04-23-2013, 08:55 PM
PistolPete83
Road Master
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

The old hunt for the right air cleaner....both are great options...guess it depends on if you want to spend 350bucks on an air cleaner

Old 04-24-2013, 01:15 AM
Fargone11
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As previously stated father/son companies. Either air cleaner will work just fine. The ultimate decision in this will probably be preference in appearance. I am a big supporter of paying a few more bucks for something I love vs saving a few bucks for something I like. I have the PM fast air intake and while it wasn't cheap it makes me happy so that's all that matters in the end!! I have a bunch of RSD and PM products on my bike and can say they produce super high quality stuff, you won't be disappointing either way.

Last edited by Fargone11; 04-24-2013 at 01:17 AM.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:57 AM
johnjay
Road Warrior

Both are quality products made in the same factory. Check out RSD/VH exhaust, it's pretty nice.

Old 04-24-2013, 11:28 AM
Hogpro
Former Sponsor
Received 45 Likes on 43 Posts

It'sa ll about the look with these two different options. You can also get a different cover matching any or PM or RSD's wheel designs with either one. I run the PM Merc on both my bikes. It suits my style.

Old 04-24-2013, 03:11 PM
40Cent
Cruiser

Both are good options.. Running the Super Gas Black Ano on my scoot... Its really about the look your going for and what suits your style. If you got the $$$ pay for what you want.

Old 04-26-2013, 12:13 AM
MovingGlaciers
Stage IV

Thank you all for the advice. I think I'm going with the super gas along with my V&H big shots.

Old 04-26-2013, 06:50 AM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

I think you'll be happy with the Super Gas. It's a good looking kit and as mentioned, you can't go wrong with quality from either company.

Originally Posted by Hogpro
It'sa ll about the look with these two different options. You can also get a different cover matching any or PM or RSD's wheel designs with either one. I run the PM Merc on both my bikes. It suits my style.

Dude! I want to see more of that bike. I usually see you're cool blue FXDX but I haven't seen that one.

How do you like the BMX pedals at the mid position?

Quick Reply: Performance Machine/Roland Sands