Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stock Air cleaner fitment

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 12:29 AM
Brandtwr
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock Air cleaner fitment

I recently purchased a 2007 dyna street bob and it came with a kuryakin hypercharger but the previous owner never got it tuned so I've been having issues with the bike starting once its warmed up after riding for awhile. Since the bike was sold "as is" by the dealer I figure they will charge me an arm and a leg to re-map it I am just gonna ditch the hypercharger and return to the stock air cleaner assembly. I don't have the stock air cleaner and need t find one online my question is will a 2008-13 air cleaner assembly fit my bike? I found a few on eBay that say will fit most bikes with 96 inch twin cam motors. I'm assuming an air cleaner assembly from an 08 dyna will fit my 07 dyna.

Old 04-24-2013, 06:55 PM
bdtaylor1979
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 228 Likes on 186 Posts

If you like the hypercharger than you can get a set of xieds from http://www.nightrider.com/parts/ . They plug in inline with your o2 sensors and make the computer add more fuel.

Old 04-24-2013, 07:33 PM
Mike650
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i believe 07-13 generally have the same air cleaner setup. unless someone with more knowledge says otherwise, i think you'd be fine. if you brought this up about 3 weeks ago i would have shipped you mine for free, but i think i just threw it away... ill double check though.

Old 04-25-2013, 01:23 AM
Brandtwr
3rd Gear

I looked at the bolt pattern for the intake and the bolt pattern in pics for the 08+ intake and it's the same. I think the only reason why Harley says its a different fit is because they redesigned the shape of the intake. 07 was an oval and in 08 they switched to the smaller teardrop style. Everything else seems the same so I don't see an issue.

Old 04-25-2013, 03:46 AM
dms250
Novice

if the other offer for the stock set up doesn't pan out I have the stock setup from my 07 street bob minus the trim ring on the cover (I used that on my new cover for my big sucker). I even put a new filter and two new rubber hoses in it like two months ago so you'd be good to go...free if you want to reimburse me for shipping! freakin ups store near me charges an arm and a leg anymore but probably be like twenty bucks...

Old 04-25-2013, 04:38 AM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

If the pipes are original there should be no need for a re-map at all. As long as your going to spend money on the original AC you may as well get some kind of tune.

In fact I highly doubt your starting issue has anything to do with the hypercharger.

As long as you get an air cleaner from a tc 96" bike it should fit. Sounds like an easy call to your local Harley parts counter guy. Check the HDF classifieds.

Old 04-25-2013, 06:04 AM
stilup
Road Warrior
Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

I have my stock air cleaner back plate
with a K+N air filter and stock filter for that matter.
I have the original cover but want to keep the cover for the next owner.
I had purchased a black powdercoated one and milled it slimmer by .400 exposing the filter some.
A little bobbed out.
PM me if interested in the back plate and air filters.

Old 04-25-2013, 11:17 PM
Brandtwr
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by maddghost
If the pipes are original there should be no need for a re-map at all. As long as your going to spend money on the original AC you may as well get some kind of tune.

In fact I highly doubt your starting issue has anything to do with the hypercharger.

As long as you get an air cleaner from a tc 96" bike it should fit. Sounds like an easy call to your local Harley parts counter guy. Check the HDF classifieds.
I took the hypercharger off and restricted the air going into the throttle body and she fired right up no problem. Talked to a Harley mechanic he told me to try that. Also a tune could cos me a few hundred so sticking with the hypercharger is gonna cost me. Going back to stock is only gonna cost like 40 bucks plus ican sell the hypercharger.