Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wheel Chock for a Wideglide

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2013, 06:35 AM
Northbound Southerner
Elite HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 70 Posts
Default Wheel Chock for a Wideglide

I have the HF wheel chock and it works great for most bikes. Just drive in and go to work. On the Wideglide, no matter how you adjust it, you have to tie the bike down to make it stable...Who makes a chock for a 21 in wheel that is stable?

Old 04-25-2013, 08:03 AM
CADguy
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mouth, I have the HF one as well, it works, but like you said, not extremely stable. The best I found is the Condor. A buddy has one and works awesome. That will be my next purchase after new bars.

Old 04-25-2013, 10:57 AM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

+ 1 on the Condor set up, what HF wheel cluck do you have? is it like the one CADguy has in his signature? if so an easy thing to do is put 2 hiker hooks at the end of the lift, then you can get handle bar tie down straps that go around your grips, bring loaded straps. this way when you get off, just putt it up to each bar and your done, will hold it nice and tight... I also know a guy that will just run one strap from the one side of the chuck, behind the neck of the bike (between the tank and trees) to the other side of the chuck and lip that in, this does well to put force on the bike pulling it into the lift and locking it down.
If you have the other style, like i have pictured below you also have some options. what i did was run some hose around the edge of the chuck, then wrapped that up in some tape. it was just simple garden hose i slided down the middle, and put on there, then taped it up. main reason i did this was to protect powder coated rotors when on the lift, but it ended up working really really well to hold the bike in as well... here are some pics of a wide glide in the chuck so you can get an idea of how your bike would sit in it. Granted i never have a bike unstrapped in the chuck, but this makes it easy to roll the bike up into it, and strap the bike down on your own rather than needing another person there to hold the bike while you strap it in... (this is a harbor freight Chuck only i powder coated it to match the lift)

19" wheel in there

bit closer of a look

here you can see why i do this, rotors like on this Z1000, would touch the metal if not protected

Old 04-25-2013, 11:15 AM
TX Rebel
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been looking at WheelDock, but haven't decided.

Old 04-25-2013, 12:54 PM
CADguy
Road Captain

The one in my sig is the Condor.

Old 04-25-2013, 01:37 PM
Northbound Southerner
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by JRK5892
+ 1 on the Condor set up, what HF wheel cluck do you have? is it like the one CADguy has in his signature? if so an easy thing to do is put 2 hiker hooks at the end of the lift, then you can get handle bar tie down straps that go around your grips, bring loaded straps. this way when you get off, just putt it up to each bar and your done, will hold it nice and tight... I also know a guy that will just run one strap from the one side of the chuck, behind the neck of the bike (between the tank and trees) to the other side of the chuck and lip that in, this does well to put force on the bike pulling it into the lift and locking it down.
If you have the other style, like i have pictured below you also have some options. what i did was run some hose around the edge of the chuck, then wrapped that up in some tape. it was just simple garden hose i slided down the middle, and put on there, then taped it up. main reason i did this was to protect powder coated rotors when on the lift, but it ended up working really really well to hold the bike in as well... here are some pics of a wide glide in the chuck so you can get an idea of how your bike would sit in it. Granted i never have a bike unstrapped in the chuck, but this makes it easy to roll the bike up into it, and strap the bike down on your own rather than needing another person there to hold the bike while you strap it in... (this is a harbor freight Chuck only i powder coated it to match the lift)

19" wheel in there

bit closer of a look

here you can see why i do this, rotors like on this Z1000, would touch the metal if not protected
Wow, those black forks look great on the Wide Glide...Who did the work?

Old 04-25-2013, 01:45 PM
Bretley
Cruiser

I am happy with my Condor on a 21 wheel. I use it on my chopper with no issues. I have two cradles with it so that I can use it with SB or chopper. I sue it more fro trailering than parking.

I think HD sells it with their name on it as well.

Old 04-25-2013, 04:17 PM
FXDWG12
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by themouth!!!
Wow, those black forks look great on the Wide Glide...Who did the work?
? ----I'm going to take a shot in the dark. But, I bet "The Powder Pro" done them.

Old 04-25-2013, 04:36 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Yes sir, those are Kevin's (forum member on here)... CADguy i really dig the Condor dock!Mouth that is what i would recommend you check into as well. I personally do not own one but a friend/customer of mine has 6 bikes, has all of them in a detached 1 car garage parked side by side using the Condor chucks. Not only are they very solid, but they look sick all lined up like that. I however, have never used or even so much as put a bike in or out of one, just seen them. Other than that most of my friends rock the harbor freight one, but they run at least a 120 series tire, not a 90/21 (most are sport bikes or sport touring) they seem very solid, but i just am way to paranoid to leave a bike parked like that with no straps. i have had a bike fall off a lift, never again, i strap everything! I would like to fab up a way to do the center stand mod like the bagger guys do, i dont see why not as our frames are so much alike with a touring frame. i do not see a reason why that could not be retro fitted... my sport touring has a center stand and i use it all the time. love it

Old 04-25-2013, 04:42 PM
Northbound Southerner
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by JRK5892
Yes sir, those are Kevin's (forum member on here)... CADguy i really dig the Condor dock!Mouth that is what i would recommend you check into as well. I personally do not own one but a friend/customer of mine has 6 bikes, has all of them in a detached 1 car garage parked side by side using the Condor chucks. Not only are they very solid, but they look sick all lined up like that. I however, have never used or even so much as put a bike in or out of one, just seen them. Other than that most of my friends rock the harbor freight one, but they run at least a 120 series tire, not a 90/21 (most are sport bikes or sport touring) they seem very solid, but i just am way to paranoid to leave a bike parked like that with no straps. i have had a bike fall off a lift, never again, i strap everything! I would like to fab up a way to do the center stand mod like the bagger guys do, i dont see why not as our frames are so much alike with a touring frame. i do not see a reason why that could not be retro fitted... my sport touring has a center stand and i use it all the time. love it
Wow...those are nice forks. Gotta find me some somewhere...

Quick Reply: Wheel Chock for a Wideglide