Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Considering a Coneley Fairing

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2013, 09:00 PM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Considering a Coneley Fairing

The HD tech that worked on my bike last week is talking me into going to a quarter fairing. I took the long way home and swung by Coneley's to check them out. I'm seriously considering taking the leap, but it's a lot of money. I'm gonna want to have it painted to match.

I want something that looks cool and keeps (some) wind off my chest without any buffeting. My windvest still has some buffeting, and I don't think it looks particulary great on my bike.

Anyone else using the Coneley quarter fairing? Opinions?

Attached Thumbnails Considering a Coneley Fairing-imag0927-1.jpg  
Old 04-26-2013, 10:12 PM
highwayman1224
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Search the threads on here, lot's of people not really happy with the way they do business or the quality of their product.

Old 04-26-2013, 11:43 PM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by highwayman1224
Search the threads on here, lot's of people not really happy with the way they do business or the quality of their product.
Yeah, I read a few posts about the bad customer service, but they were pretty cool with me today. I'm more interested in opinions on how the thing performs.

Also looking at the HD version.

Old 04-27-2013, 03:13 PM
gant
Road Master
Received 53 Likes on 25 Posts

i have the quarter fairing and they shipped it to me and got it the following week

since your local go ahead and do it!!!, im not local and it was hard to get ahold of them to see if it was shipped, a member on here told me not to worry and that he talked to him about it

some pros
1. looks way better than the harley version
2. the upgraded brackets are slick and mounting system is awesome
3. u can adjust the tilt of the fairing , since your about the performance of it this will probably be better than the hd fairing with bungking adapters since you can adjust the tilt of the fairing to a degree

cons
1. dont get the painted version it SUCKS PERIOD, i got the painted version and after two rides rock chips went straight thru it, i had it profesionally painted and the painter said there were hairline cracks in the fiberglass, he said not to worry, reading other post there was another guy who said he had hairline cracks

2. after brackets and fairing cost, shipping the price is about the same as the HD version,

3. locally i heard there customer service is good, but if your not local GOOD LUCK trying to get a hold of them i called maybe 60 times in one day and no answer finally got thru ONE TIME and i lost connection i called back immeidatly and NO ANSWER lol

so all in all if your local do it!, if your not local...id pay by credit card and if anything happens then you can dispute the charge...BUT my exp ordering online was fine

john conley is not very internet savvy he REALLY needs to hire someone that can handle the internet sales of things and streamline the process, there webpage doesnt really show any status on the package at all, if he just hired a person to do this he would probably sell a ton more but most ppl just disregard him because of the reviews,

so to sumarize things , im pretty happy with my fairing everyone around here either has the ness fairing or the hd fairing, i have not seen one conelys 1/4 fairing around where i live yet. id do it again if i had to do it all over again but i would get the unpainted version instead

here are some pictures

Last edited by gant; 04-27-2013 at 03:20 PM.
Old 04-27-2013, 04:57 PM
Danielc409
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The bungking brackets are slotted, so it is adjustable.

You can get the primered HD fairing for $219.99 + tax & shipping from Manchester Harley.

Old 04-27-2013, 08:26 PM
Mike650
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

if you want paint matched, id go with harley because then it will be the actual color and not "close enough". i had one of their tsport fairings, and it was OK, but it did have some flaws, ie the inside of the fender wasnt smooth, just the fiberglass texture. ended up ditching it and going back to a HD 1/4 fairing. also, it did take them 6 months to get me the fender and for the price and quality, id never do it again.... but your money, get what you want. my advice would just go through harley mainly for the color match.

Old 04-28-2013, 09:52 AM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by gant
i have the quarter fairing and they shipped it to me and got it the following week

since your local go ahead and do it!!!, im not local and it was hard to get ahold of them to see if it was shipped, a member on here told me not to worry and that he talked to him about it

some pros
1. looks way better than the harley version
2. the upgraded brackets are slick and mounting system is awesome
3. u can adjust the tilt of the fairing , since your about the performance of it this will probably be better than the hd fairing with bungking adapters since you can adjust the tilt of the fairing to a degree

cons
1. dont get the painted version it SUCKS PERIOD, i got the painted version and after two rides rock chips went straight thru it, i had it profesionally painted and the painter said there were hairline cracks in the fiberglass, he said not to worry, reading other post there was another guy who said he had hairline cracks

2. after brackets and fairing cost, shipping the price is about the same as the HD version,

3. locally i heard there customer service is good, but if your not local GOOD LUCK trying to get a hold of them i called maybe 60 times in one day and no answer finally got thru ONE TIME and i lost connection i called back immeidatly and NO ANSWER lol

so all in all if your local do it!, if your not local...id pay by credit card and if anything happens then you can dispute the charge...BUT my exp ordering online was fine

john conley is not very internet savvy he REALLY needs to hire someone that can handle the internet sales of things and streamline the process, there webpage doesnt really show any status on the package at all, if he just hired a person to do this he would probably sell a ton more but most ppl just disregard him because of the reviews,

so to sumarize things , im pretty happy with my fairing everyone around here either has the ness fairing or the hd fairing, i have not seen one conelys 1/4 fairing around where i live yet. id do it again if i had to do it all over again but i would get the unpainted version instead
Thanks, Gant. Great feedback. Your bike is awesome...it's one of a few that inspired me to take a ride out to their shop.

Like I said, they were cool with me. Their work looks really good, but the place is pretty unorganized. The phone is in the office which was unmanned when I got there. There's a ton of shop noise in the bay, so unless someone is actually in the office, I doubt they hear the phone ringing. I hung around in the office for 5 minutes or so, then walked around to the bay and got someone's attention. The guy stopped what he was doing and spent about 30 minutes showing me different options.

QA seems pretty good, too. They had a stack of fairings going back to the manufacturer with grease pencil circles around imperfections/flaws they'd found.

I decided to go with the HD version for $215 compared to $399 for Coneley's. Less money, similar look, and if I have issues with it, I know HD will take it back.

Old 04-28-2013, 02:14 PM
Danielc409
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Are you going to get it colored matched? I have the coloma gold paint and was wondering if anyone with the hard candy would color match it. Most likely I'm just going to get it black though. Not sure if it would be too colorful with the color match heh.

Old 04-29-2013, 12:12 AM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Danielc409
Are you going to get it colored matched? I have the coloma gold paint and was wondering if anyone with the hard candy would color match it. Most likely I'm just going to get it black though. Not sure if it would be too colorful with the color match heh.
Definitely getting it color-matched. Dealer says they'll send it out for paint, but the guys at Moreland Choppers recommended a guy in San Marcos who uses the same factory paint, but does a better job finishing. I'm going to give him a shot and will post results once done.

Old 04-29-2013, 01:27 AM
JROCKER
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Probably talking about Nortons paint in San Marcos. He has painted 5 bikes for me he does a great job!

Quick Reply: Considering a Coneley Fairing