Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

street bob shock question

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2013, 03:38 PM
rat bastard
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default street bob shock question

I need some help please . I have ordered a new street bob wont be here for 90 days . I know that harley suspension can be harsh, I have an opurtunity to get 12.5 progressive 440 shocks for 125 bucks, the seller doesnt know if they are hd or standard springs. Im not sure of buying something that I may not need
thanks guys

Old 04-27-2013, 03:48 PM
Alleyn
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would hold off on purchasing shocks for the bike, until you've ridden it a while. 'Harsh' is someone else's opinion, and you may be just fine with the stock setup. Once you get familiar with your machine, there will be plenty of ways you can customize it.

Last edited by Alleyn; 04-27-2013 at 03:52 PM.
Old 04-27-2013, 04:03 PM
1smcvo
Advanced

The stock shocks are actually not bad at all. From my experience, at 5"9" 200lbs they ride smooth but a little bouncy on bumps in the road. Im switching mine over to progressive 11" shocks, but haven't installed them yet. We'll see the difference when they get here and I swap them out... keep ya posted..

Old 04-27-2013, 06:05 PM
rat bastard
Intermediate

oh yes forgot to say im 5 ft 10 210 lbs and I just sold my nightster That was like a hard tail on bumpy roads. I did take a street bob and fat bob for a demo ride they were both like pillowy smooth rides compared to my nightster. Thanks for the update I think I will hold off until I get the bike and yes 1smcvo let me know how the swap goes

Old 04-27-2013, 07:13 PM
Alleyn
Tourer

The most obvious shortcoming to the stock Streetbob, IMHO is the seat.... I doubt if anyone's going to tell you to hold off shopping for a replacement perch.

Old 04-27-2013, 07:49 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

$125 is a good price for those shocks if they are new or in good condition.

Old 04-27-2013, 10:08 PM
Crazy
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,509 Likes on 802 Posts

Originally Posted by Alleyn
The most obvious shortcoming to the stock Streetbob, IMHO is the seat.... I doubt if anyone's going to tell you to hold off shopping for a replacement perch.
I'll tell him to hold off shopping for a replacement seat. I've got a stock seat on mine and have done lots of high mileage days. No problem at all. Comfortable seat. You never know what someone might like.

Old 04-27-2013, 10:22 PM
captrick
Intermediate

i have a 2013 street bob it rides and handles good iam 6 foot and iam comfortable on it

Old 04-27-2013, 10:52 PM
deuce_streetbob
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pipes, ac, and tuner should be ur first order of business...however, $125 for those shocks would be hard to pass on. I'm pretty happy with the suspension for the most part on my 13 bob, but I would buy those for that price just to see if I liked it better. I feel like even if u didn't like them, u could probably sell them for double what u paid and go back to the stockers.

Old 04-28-2013, 01:58 PM
rat bastard
Intermediate

SLV
there are 10,000 ks on the shock the owner has gone back to his air shocks, I dont know how long shocks last or breakdown over time
ALLEYN
speaking of seats I got my eye on a sundowner 2 up for 200 . I know dont start big and freaking ugly but the ol lady will be happy and a couple of minutes to swap back to solo for the majority of the time
Deuce
gonna get cycle shack slip ons for now they sounded great on my sporty I just want it to sound great and make it fairly comfy for 2up for now, my money tree has dried up for now lol

Quick Reply: street bob shock question