Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alloy art fender strut light ?????

Old 04-27-2013, 04:41 PM
G-Lock
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alloy art fender strut light ?????

I bought a set of Alloy Art fender strut lights (raw) for an 06-11 dyna glide. The problem is they won't fit over the fender strut covers and I'm not looking to put them on the bare fender struts. Anyone have an idea if there is a proper set that fits over the fender strut covers like how they show them fitting in their sales ads? Any thought are much appreciated!

Old 04-27-2013, 07:27 PM
oldlefty
Tourer

i just put a set on my street bob. they did seem like they had more room that i needed for my bare struts. maybe you have to cut your struts down? are they chromed or black? maybe trim it all to fit and have it all powder coated.
i took out the led's of mine and had them powdered.

Old 04-27-2013, 08:42 PM
n0code
Tourer

Originally Posted by G-Lock
I bought a set of Alloy Art fender strut lights (raw) for an 06-11 dyna glide. The problem is they won't fit over the fender strut covers and I'm not looking to put them on the bare fender struts. Anyone have an idea if there is a proper set that fits over the fender strut covers like how they show them fitting in their sales ads? Any thought are much appreciated!

I didnt have an issue with my set. They did sort of 'clip' into place after i had them powder coated.

Tip: Don't run the wires between the strut covers, you'll slice your cables in half. I tucked them under the strut then through the hole in the fender mount.

Old 04-27-2013, 10:31 PM
G-Lock
Tourer

The ones I got arent even close to fitting over the strut covers. I havent pulled the strut covers off to see how loose they are on the bare strut themselves. All the pictures I see are with the entire assembly over the strut covers. Alloy Art is pretty bad about responding to emailed questions so I doubt if I will even get a response from them....lame.

Old 04-28-2013, 12:45 AM
HYPR
Road Master
Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by G-Lock
Yep, check out what I did with mine:

I cut the covers to match the lines of the lights.
Bob

Last edited by HYPR; 04-28-2013 at 12:47 AM.
Old 04-28-2013, 02:02 AM
G-Lock
Tourer

Thats kind of what I was thinking I might have to do. What keeps the back portion of the cover tight to the struts? Do you have any side view pics of your set up?