Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

12 bob tailight missing.. Lol

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2013, 12:29 AM
TwelveHD
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 12 bob tailight missing.. Lol

Well, I decided to take off that silly looking tailight once and for all.. Got the wires tucked for now. And mounted my license plate using the bottom 2 bolts for now too.. I really like the look. It will look alot better when I get a side mount plate and the holes filled. I know there's a million out there, but does anybody recommend one they really like with a light? Got my power vision delivered the other day and did the auto tune.. All I can say is that my bike runs top notch, and has more *****.. Even if its only a stage 1. Also mounted some new bad a** pedals on today from DK custom and a new ac cover from bung king. Pretty happy with everything. I also have some black 12" 430 progressives on the way.. Gonna raise it up a little for a better ride. Got a good deal on them and couldn't pass it up. Thanks for lookin-

Last edited by TwelveHD; 04-28-2013 at 10:06 AM.
Old 04-28-2013, 12:41 AM
Disp2030
Advanced

what did u use to cover the hole? which plate bracket did you use?

Old 04-28-2013, 12:50 AM
TwelveHD
Tourer

Originally Posted by Disp2030
what did u use to cover the hole? which plate bracket did you use?
Basically I used my license plate and frame to cover the hole for now.. I drilled 2 holes in the bottom of the plate, and mounted it to the 2 holes on the bottom that held on the tailight.. Quick fix for now, that looks half way decent. I then went to the hardware store and got a plug for the top hole. Zip tied the wires up in the fender for now, until I can pull it back and tie it under the seat in case I ever need it again.

Old 04-28-2013, 12:56 AM
SE Rider
Advanced

Hey Twelve HD,

Nice lookin scoot!!! I've been thinking about doing exactly the same mod on mine but am waiting for the replacement turn signals to com in as well as a side no plate mount. Quick question, how big is the hole once the rear light is removed? Is it just a matter of bolt holes or is there a larger cut out for the light?

Ride safe..

SE

Old 04-28-2013, 01:19 AM
TwelveHD
Tourer

Originally Posted by SE Rider
Hey Twelve HD,

Nice lookin scoot!!! I've been thinking about doing exactly the same mod on mine but am waiting for the replacement turn signals to com in as well as a side no plate mount. Quick question, how big is the hole once the rear light is removed? Is it just a matter of bolt holes or is there a larger cut out for the light?

Ride safe..

SE
What's up brother, there are 3 bolt holes. 1 on top and 2 on the bottom. And in the middle there is about a 2 inch wide by 1.5 inch hole.. I just mounted my plate to the bottom 2 holes for now to cover the large hole.. Can't even tell there is a large hole behind there because the plate is laying down a little. Good luck bro- cheers!

Old 04-28-2013, 01:25 AM
SE Rider
Advanced

Thats great, thanks for the quick response..

Old 04-28-2013, 01:34 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,939 Likes on 2,294 Posts

Looking good!

I really like the Model A style tail light...and then on the other end of the spectrum is a small led bar that can mount right at the bottom of your plate.

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 04-28-2013, 01:43 AM
TwelveHD
Tourer

Originally Posted by DK Custom
Looking good!

I really like the Model A style tail light...and then on the other end of the spectrum is a small led bar that can mount right at the bottom of your plate.
Hey Kevin! Thanks again for getting me those pedals so fast, I reall appreciate it. You guys are awesome! ? About the license plate.. How's the installation on that? Will it mount up to my switch that's already there?

Old 04-28-2013, 11:18 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,939 Likes on 2,294 Posts

Originally Posted by TwelveHD
Hey Kevin! Thanks again for getting me those pedals so fast, I reall appreciate it. You guys are awesome! ? About the license plate.. How's the installation on that? Will it mount up to my switch that's already there?
Cool! They look really good on your ride. Bet you're gonna enjoy the extra comfort and traction.

Not sure what you're asking about on the license plate?

We have the vertical and horizontal mount brackets that can be used on either side, down near the axle/lower shock mount.

http://www.dkcustomproducts.com/Lice...cation_c94.htm

But I thought you were liking your plate where you have it now?

Old 04-28-2013, 11:40 PM
Jacoblb
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check out noschool choppers and dk custom for sidemount license plates. When I got my noschool, the license light was cracked and they sent me a new lense no questions asked. As for dk custom.. they have a 100% track record in my book. I wouldn't hesitate to order from them again.
As for wiring you'll have to splice into your existing harness.

Quick Reply: 12 bob tailight missing.. Lol