Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brake line ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 09:00 PM
HOGRIDA_06
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Brake line ?

I'm getting ready to buy all my cables for my ape hanger project. I'm looking through the JPCycles catalog and can find idel, throttle, and clutch cables in +6" length no problem. I'm a little confused with what I need for the brake line. I can't find where they sell brake lines in + sizes, they all seem to be piece together kits. Can anyone give any tips or help as to whatI need to buy in order to piece together a +6" brake line? Will the stock banjo bolts be able to be reused?

Old 02-20-2007, 12:42 AM
thebestofindica
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Brake line ?

Pick your poison! http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

I'm halfway through the 14.5" ape job right now. I have everything but the brake cable and will be picking that up tomorrow hopefully. Hopefully hooking up the cables isn't too much of a job.

Old 02-20-2007, 01:50 AM
HOGRIDA_06
Outstanding HDF Member

Thanks for the reply,I forgot to mention I want to stick with all black and HD doesn't carry black in + sizes.

Old 02-20-2007, 11:59 AM
glenprice25401
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so if i were going to 16" apes for my street bob, i'd go with: #45225-04? is that right?
gp

Old 02-20-2007, 12:31 PM
thebestofindica
Tourer

I would say so. I'm going to go with a +6 for my 14.5s. It may be a little too long, but it will give me some room to go with longer risers and/or taller bars in the future.

Old 02-20-2007, 12:44 PM
jabroni73
Intermediate

so will going +6 for a wide glide with 16's leave a little room if i decided to go with 2" risers sometime? or no way?

Old 02-20-2007, 12:57 PM
thebestofindica
Tourer

I would think so as the DWG bars are nearly identical to street bob bars.

Old 02-20-2007, 05:07 PM
phreak
Road Master

ORIGINAL: HOGRIDA_06

I'm getting ready to buy all my cables for my ape hanger project. I'm looking through the JPCycles catalog and can find idel, throttle, and clutch cables in +6" length no problem. I'm a little confused with what I need for the brake line. I can't find where they sell brake lines in + sizes, they all seem to be piece together kits. Can anyone give any tips or help as to whatI need to buy in order to piece together a +6" brake line? Will the stock banjo bolts be able to be reused?
I went with +6 cables on my 14.5" bars. phor the brakeline I believe I picked up the 52" line, and new phittings. You can reuse the bolts.

The 52" is a little longer then I would have liked. Best bet is to take a piece of twine, and route it phrom the caliper up to the master cylinder, then cut or mark the twine, and lay it out over a tape measure.

Old 02-20-2007, 06:38 PM
Whiffleboy
Road Master

ORIGINAL: phreak

Best bet is to take a piece of twine, and route it phrom the caliper up to the master cylinder, then cut or mark the twine, and lay it out over a tape measure.
Or you could just route your wife's fabric tape measure and be done with it. :-)

Whiff

Old 02-20-2007, 07:32 PM
HOGRIDA_06
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: phreak

ORIGINAL: HOGRIDA_06

I went with +6 cables on my 14.5" bars. phor the brakeline I believe I picked up the 52" line, and new phittings. You can reuse the bolts.

The 52" is a little longer then I would have liked. Best bet is to take a piece of twine, and route it phrom the caliper up to the master cylinder, then cut or mark the twine, and lay it out over a tape measure.
The problem is my bike is in many pieces. I took everything apart before looking in the book for cables. I though I'd find all the cables listed as stock and then just ones that were about 6" longer. As it turns out JP cycles doesn't list all the cables for a FXDBI. Wide Glide cables should be the same as the Bob Right?

Quick Reply: Brake line ?