Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Solid TourPack on a SwitchBack

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2013, 05:00 PM
MainelyScott
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Solid TourPack on a SwitchBack

I just bought a Switchback this weekend, I need to add a backrest, but wondered if I can add one one of the hard tourpacks. I'd want it to be quick release, but thought it might be a good way to get more storage and a good backrest for the wife all at once. I'll check with the dealer tomorrow, but thought I might get some insight here first.
Thanks in advance!

Old 04-29-2013, 05:47 AM
1HD1C
Stellar HDF Member
Received 180 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by MainelyScott
I just bought a Switchback this weekend, I need to add a backrest, but wondered if I can add one one of the hard tourpacks. I'd want it to be quick release, but thought it might be a good way to get more storage and a good backrest for the wife all at once. I'll check with the dealer tomorrow, but thought I might get some insight here first.
Thanks in advance!

many of us have added tourpacks to our switchbacks/dynas..

you need a plate from jackyl AKA mmcproducts on ebay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/TOUR-PAK-MOU...042759&vxp=mtr

then your choice of tourpack, i think most of us used this one
http://www.ebay.com/itm/360644199412...84.m1423.l2649

just don't over pay, took me a month but i ended up getting one for $115 shipped from this same seller..

and the HD docking hardware and sideplates

if you haven't found this thread here is how mine looks when installed.. best part is quick detach...
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...installed.html

Old 05-07-2013, 10:15 AM
numismaddict
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Red face Yep, Mutazu pack works great on FLD

Another vote for what 1HD1C said. The Mutazu tour pack is inexpensive and looks great. Jackyl's mounting plate worked great (and he even installed it for me when I went to his house to pick it up, but I live only about 30 miles from him.) And works great with the Harley detachables plates.

I wound up paying about as much as the pieces / parts for the Harley paint job but it looks like it was born that way (same with my battery / electrical side covers!)

I saw a 2012 Switchback (ember red sunglo, same as mine) with a full sized Harley Tour Pack on it. It works, but looks kinda "large" and you have to granny-guide your saddlebags lids a bit as you open them. I didn't like that.

Old 05-07-2013, 01:21 PM
xllSargellx
2nd Gear

Wish I could find one of those trunks but they all seem to be sold out on ebay or at least all the links in this thread are sold out. Anyone got any leads on others I really don't want a huge tour pak just one like the links that 1HD1C linked

Old 05-07-2013, 01:27 PM
dirtdobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

These folks are rarely out of stock.
http://www.mutazu.com/

Old 05-07-2013, 01:55 PM
rubberfrog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 120 Likes on 83 Posts

I don't know about that "granny guide" comment. The boxes all sit on the same jackyl mount. In fact, I lowered my jackyl mount a bit with out issue. But some how it gets imagined that an OEM box interferes with the bags. I am here to tell you it is not true. My bags lids come no where close to the trunk when opening/closing.

Get which ever trunk looks the best to you.

Old 05-07-2013, 02:39 PM
xllSargellx
2nd Gear

Thanks already ordered...now just waiting to see if Jackyl will be making more of those brackets (crosses fingers and toes)

Old 05-08-2013, 08:24 AM
1HD1C
Stellar HDF Member
Received 180 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by xllSargellx
Thanks already ordered...now just waiting to see if Jackyl will be making more of those brackets (crosses fingers and toes)
i'm sure he will, i think from watching his ebay listings that he usually gets 20 made at a clip.. you just have to watch every day as they go quick this time of year,

you could also message him through ebay and ask when he is making the next batch available

Old 09-21-2013, 03:11 PM
12FLDRDR
Stage II
Default Trunk Plate

How do we contact Jackyl to purchase the custom plate? Mounted my trunk to the luggage rack but prefer a separate plate to free up the rack.

Old 09-21-2013, 06:55 PM
RonnR
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Jackyl stuff is first rate. However if your wanting the backrest for you, then you'll have to go a differant direction

Quick Reply: Solid TourPack on a SwitchBack