Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alternatives to LePera Bare Bones seat

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2013, 06:09 PM
jmeiers
Road Warrior
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
Question Alternatives to LePera Bare Bones seat

First, let me say that I like my Bare Bones seat and it's not about the looks or comfort of the seat that is driving me to look for an alternative. Its the lack of back support that I did not notice when I was riding with stock mid controls. This winter I converted to forward controls and during normal riding everything is fine but now I am tired of sliding off the back of the seat when I put the hammer down.

I saw that LePera makes a Bare Bones "up front" seat but I am not sold on that bump out on the back. I also saw they make a Villain Solo which I can not find any real good pics of mounted on a Dyna.

What are some good alternatives that do not stray too far from the Bare Bones style?

What is the difference between C&C Solo and Lopro Solo?

I like those Sick Saddles but I don't want to wait until mid-summer for a new seat. I also don't need any custom stitching and designs. Plain-old black is fine by me!

Thanks in advance for any seat advice you all got.

Last edited by jmeiers; 04-28-2013 at 08:25 PM.
Old 04-28-2013, 07:38 PM
Danielc409
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm sure you can call sick saddles and tell them what you want. He could probably give you a general idea of how long it will take, depending on how busy he is I'd imagine.

Old 04-28-2013, 07:58 PM
Alleyn
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You don't want to wait, I understand... but Ed made me a new seat that's bolstered on the back to push me forward an inch or so. I needed it for the very same reason you do.

Works perfect.

Old 04-28-2013, 08:24 PM
jmeiers
Road Warrior
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Alleyn
You don't want to wait, I understand... but Ed made me a new seat that's bolstered on the back to push me forward an inch or so. I needed it for the very same reason you do.

Works perfect.
You got some side pics???

Old 04-28-2013, 09:06 PM
jpace024
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Check out the Danny Grey buttcrack solo. Pics in sig and my album. Has a decent lip in the back to keep you in place. My cousin has the c&c solo and you slide right back to the fender when you whack the throttle.

Old 04-29-2013, 04:46 PM
Alleyn
Tourer

Originally Posted by jmeiers
You got some side pics???
I had the seat made a bit thicker, overall, as well.

Attached Thumbnails Alternatives to LePera Bare Bones seat-cam00041.jpg   Alternatives to LePera Bare Bones seat-557.jpg  

Last edited by Alleyn; 04-29-2013 at 10:37 PM.
Old 04-29-2013, 05:48 PM
jmeiers
Road Warrior
Smile

I think I am leaning towards that Danny Gray Buttcrack Solo. Not too many good photos of it on Dyna's though other than JPace posted in his album.

I like the Sick Saddles except that it does not sit flush against the rear fender. There seems to be a gap back there.

Old 04-29-2013, 06:06 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

I run a lepera silhouette, i love it! has a nice bump in back to keep you in the saddle but not enough where it pushes you into the tank or is hard to ride... i did have a custom recover done on mine and shaved it a touch to cup out a bit but basicly the stock design. i can snap other pics if you need it. i am a HUGE fan of this seat

Old 04-29-2013, 07:08 PM
99%r
Tourer

I have a mustang solo and it is great.
I also just put on reduced reach forwards.

Old 04-30-2013, 08:09 AM
jpace024
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'll try to take to take some more pics when I get home. FWIW I had both the bare bones and silhouette and they felt like the same seat to me, both uncomfortable, for me anyway. The buttcrack is alot more comfortable and has more of a lip to keep you in the seat. I ordered from Dennis Kirk and had no problem returning the seats until I found one that fit right.

Quick Reply: Alternatives to LePera Bare Bones seat