Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP! FXDF front wheel spacers

Old 04-28-2013, 10:40 PM
DoomGloom
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP! FXDF front wheel spacers

Started wide glide conversion on my Street Bob today. Installed the FXDF black trees, and attempted to install the FXDF front wheel, but the spacers that came with the wheel install kit are not correct. The installation kit assumes that you already have the FXDF wheel spacers. Does anyone know the exact measurements of the wheel spacers? My local HD dealers have none in stock, so I want to have a set cut by a machine shop. Not concerned about the center bore, but the width of the spacers. Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Old 04-28-2013, 11:34 PM
Jacoblb
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

By the time you find the right size and have them cnc'd you could have ordered from the dealer. On the other hand.. no I don't know the dimensions for them. Are you using fxdf sliders or fxdb sliders?

Old 04-29-2013, 06:22 AM
AFMM3
Road Warrior
Received 70 Likes on 41 Posts

Try your original Street Bob spacers.

Old 04-29-2013, 08:39 AM
GeorgeJ
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DoomGloom
Started wide glide conversion on my Street Bob today. Installed the FXDF black trees, and attempted to install the FXDF front wheel, but the spacers that came with the wheel install kit are not correct. The installation kit assumes that you already have the FXDF wheel spacers. Does anyone know the exact measurements of the wheel spacers? My local HD dealers have none in stock, so I want to have a set cut by a machine shop. Not concerned about the center bore, but the width of the spacers. Any help appreciated.

Thanks
I thought I could have used my street bob spacers with a stock fxdf wheel but I had the chrome tapered ones and they don't work. I ordered a set of stock fxdf spacers for a 2008 from the local dealer for 11 dollars and had them in three days.

Old 04-29-2013, 09:27 AM
Gommee
Devil's Advocate
Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts

Put your wheel back on the bike including the caliper, but exclude any spacers (assuming you have the axle sleeve and bearings in place). Snug everything up, you do not have to torque it. Make sure correct placement of hole in axle to front fork positioning is correct.
Take a caliper and measure both sides (there is a lip on the axle on the same side as the aligning hole that the bearing butts up to). HD sells them in thousands of inches. So if you need a 3/4" spacer they will order you a 0.750. Also you will have to match ID to axle. (3/4", 1", 25mm)

Old 04-29-2013, 09:32 AM
Hogpro
Former Sponsor
Received 45 Likes on 43 Posts

1.15" for the left front and .883" for teh right front on the fatbob. Part numbers are 2404-0368 and 2404-0369 through Drag Specialties. Harley part numbers are 40926-08 l/f and 40927-08 r/f.

Old 04-29-2013, 11:14 AM
Hicksjay
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah, it's almost impossible to get a caliper in there. We got close with the spacer on one side and started milling them downhill they were right on mine.

Old 04-29-2013, 11:18 AM
Gommee
Devil's Advocate
Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Hicksjay
Yeah, it's almost impossible to get a caliper in there. We got close with the spacer on one side and started milling them downhill they were right on mine.
I had no issues getting a caliper in mine. No pi$$ing around, got the right spacers the first time.

Old 04-29-2013, 06:06 PM
DoomGloom
Tourer

Guys....thanks for all of the replies, learned a lot! I was able to get my hands on a set at a regional HD dealer......I called my local HD dealer and they didnt have them, asked if anyone else in the state had them and was told NO, none in state, only shipping from PA.....I looked up the part numbers on Ronnie's HD site last night and called around this morning....sure enough, first call found them. Sucks that the HD dealers in NJ dont get along and try to cut each other's throats for 12 bucks or are too lazy to help a customer in need of a cheap OEM part....thanks again for the effort to help me....

Old 04-29-2013, 06:09 PM
DoomGloom
Tourer

FXDF/wide glide tree conversion complete, FXDF front wheel installed, low wide bars installed (removed ape hangers)....Pics coming as soon as wiring is completed and the rain stops......

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: HELP! FXDF front wheel spacers