Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

08 street bob - cut fender struts - custom swing arm fender project completed

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2013, 10:14 PM
GeneBinderFXDB
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 08 street bob - cut fender struts - custom swing arm fender project completed

I started this project a few months ago and used the advice of a few members as guidance. The project involved fabricating a custom mount for a universal led sled customs fender, welding the mount, fitting it to the swing arm. through the process i made a custom seat and painted various parts of the bike while it was apart. The paint used was SEM hotrod paint with special catalyst and hardner. The final fender mount is shaped such that fender removal can be done without removing the back wheel. I took pictures throughout the process but there were too many steps to write up in one post. This was a very long and tedious process since all of the work was done by me with no prior experience with welding, metal fabrication, electrical, or auto body repair. Through trial and error I was able to complete the project with what I consider a success. All of the fabrication was done with tools I had around and did not involve expensive equipment found in body shops. Performance mods to follow in next post. Hope you guys like it and feel free to PM me with any questions.

Old 04-29-2013, 10:40 PM
rs87277
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Baddddddd azzzzzz. I luv that look

Old 04-29-2013, 10:49 PM
showlowzook
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice! I likey.

Old 04-30-2013, 06:27 AM
Jason49
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not my style, but good job taking on the task yourself! As long as your happy thats all that matters. I gotta tell you I dont know if I could ever hack my bike up

Old 04-30-2013, 08:12 AM
StreetBOOBs
3rd Gear

Here are a couple more pictures of the scoot

Old 04-30-2013, 09:18 AM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member
Received 147 Likes on 122 Posts

So is that V on the left side behind the shock your plate bracket? Looks like it has a light on it also.

Old 04-30-2013, 01:01 PM
StreetBOOBs
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by blueangel73
So is that V on the left side behind the shock your plate bracket? Looks like it has a light on it also.
yes. I haven't gotten plates for it yet because i needed to get it inspected after i bought it and it has been in pieces up until this past week. That picture is actually outside of the inspection office. That light above the shock is a running/brake light and I also have an LED brake light on the inside lip of the fender. These pictures are from this past sunday when i was able to finally get about 100 miles on the new setup. I am still working out the kinks in how i'm going to mount the turn signals and other signal indicators. "Will do for now" solutions.

Old 04-30-2013, 01:09 PM
GeneBinderFXDB
Intermediate

Originally Posted by StreetBOOBs
yes. I haven't gotten plates for it yet because i needed to get it inspected after i bought it and it has been in pieces up until this past week. That picture is actually outside of the inspection office. That light above the shock is a running/brake light and I also have an LED brake light on the inside lip of the fender. These pictures are from this past sunday when i was able to finally get about 100 miles on the new setup. I am still working out the kinks in how i'm going to mount the turn signals and other signal indicators. "Will do for now" solutions.
I guess this computer was logged in on my other account ^^ which I created when i forgot my login info for this one.

Old 04-30-2013, 01:21 PM
Dynam1te
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

^LOL
Great job on the build man, looks good.

Old 04-30-2013, 03:03 PM
maverickmk
Novice

That looks sweet! Nice work

Quick Reply: 08 street bob - cut fender struts - custom swing arm fender project completed