Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FXDX/ Rifle Roadster 15 inch shield dual gauge clearance info needed

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 02:20 PM
parts eeter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default FXDX/ Rifle Roadster 15 inch shield dual gauge clearance info needed

I ordered a Rifle Roadster fairing with a 15 inch touring windshield for my 2000 Superglide Sport with the dual gauge Tach/Speedo.

I need to order handlebars and risers and want to use a set of 8 1/2 inch risers with my Tach/Speedo mounted on the top clamp just like it was from the factory. Since I dont have the Rifle fairing in my hands or mounted on my bike I need help from someone that does.

If any of you FXDX/FXDXT owners that have a Rifle Fairing with a 15 inch shield can you look at your bike and see if the gauges can go 8 1/2 inches STRAIGHT up following the fork leg angle from the top tree and NOT hit the Rifle windshield?

Thank You for Your Time

Old 04-30-2013, 03:35 PM
Hogpro
Former Sponsor
Received 45 Likes on 43 Posts

With T sport gauges and the extension that comes with them you can. I run 13" bars without issue with the gauges at the top of the bars but I am not sure the DX comes with such long wires for the speedo/tach.

Old 04-30-2013, 06:30 PM
parts eeter
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Hogpro
With T sport gauges and the extension that comes with them you can. I run 13" bars without issue with the gauges at the top of the bars but I am not sure the DX comes with such long wires for the speedo/tach.
I am not concerned about the wires, only the gauge clearance regarding the rifle Roadster 15 inch wind shield at 8 1/2 straight up rise.

Old 04-30-2013, 07:03 PM
emerican19
Road Warrior
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

Why not just wait til you have the fairing in-hand to figure this out...?

I know it probably doesn't help much, but I've got a Street Bob with the Rifle Fairing and 14 inch T-bars. I mocked up a gauge bracket because I was looking to add a tach/speedo on the bars and I actually had enough room to fit it between the shield and the bars on the back side. Basically what I'm saying is: the fairing has a lot of adjustability so you can pivot it forward or back to fit whatever you need to.

Are you wanting to fit the gauges above the windshield or behind it?

Old 04-30-2013, 07:24 PM
parts eeter
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by emerican19
Why not just wait til you have the fairing in-hand to figure this out...?

I know it probably doesn't help much, but I've got a Street Bob with the Rifle Fairing and 14 inch T-bars. I mocked up a gauge bracket because I was looking to add a tach/speedo on the bars and I actually had enough room to fit it between the shield and the bars on the back side. Basically what I'm saying is: the fairing has a lot of adjustability so you can pivot it forward or back to fit whatever you need to.

Are you wanting to fit the gauges above the windshield or behind it?
I am about to move soon and need to complete as much assembly on my bike as I can over the next 5 weeks. Having my bars mounted allows me to get my brake lines ordered and installed as well. So there are several reasons for not wanting to wait.

I want the gauges to sit behind the 15 inch Rifle windshield, mounted on top of the handlebar clamp like they are currently.

If you were able to get the gauges to fit behind the screen at 14 inch height, surely I should be able to get mine to sit behind the screen at 8 1/2 inches.

Thank You for taking the time to reply, I appreciate the help.

Last edited by parts eeter; 05-02-2013 at 12:35 PM.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:00 PM
07bobber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

You'll have plenty of room with 8-1/2" risers

Old 04-30-2013, 09:56 PM
parts eeter
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by 07bobber
You'll have plenty of room with 8-1/2" risers
Thank You,
I will get my bars,risers, bushing eliminators, grips, and hardware ordered tomorrow.

I am leaning toward the Lapera because it looks thicker in the rider seating area which should raise me up about an inch.
Opinions welcomed on the seat as well.

Last edited by parts eeter; 05-02-2013 at 12:36 PM.