Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lapera Daytona sport VS C&C Fastback 1996-03 Dynas

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 10:24 PM
parts eeter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Lapera Daytona sport VS C&C Fastback 1996-03 Dynas

I am about to order a seat for my 2000 FXDX Super Glide Sport. I am 6ft tall with a 32' Inseam and I run Mid Controls.

The stock FXDX seat although looks really nice I find it sits me too far forward and too low.

I have looked at the C&C fastback seat and really like the looks and that I can have it custom made for additional cost, but when I look at the Lapera Daytona Sport in the pics online it looks to be thicker already in the seating area than the C&C fastback, and the Lumbar looks like it is as far back as the C&C which are both further rearward than my stocker.

I am leaning toward the Lapera Daytona Sport due to the thicker seating area than the C&C Fastback.

Opinions and pics welcomed from 1996-03 Dyna owners.

I appreciate your time.

Old 04-30-2013, 10:39 PM
fxdx-matt
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I put the fastback on mine. I'm not sure if the 2000 and 2002 had the same stock seat or not but my c&c set me lower and a little further back as opposed to the stock seat. But the comfort is leaps and bounds better than the stock. I also researched the Daytona but just read too many great reviews on c&c so I gave them a try and am glad I did. But yea the stock seat puts your damn near right on the tank. At least it did for me and I'm about the same height as you but a couple more inches of inseam with mids also.

Old 04-30-2013, 11:37 PM
parts eeter
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by fxdx-matt
I put the fastback on mine. I'm not sure if the 2000 and 2002 had the same stock seat or not but my c&c set me lower and a little further back as opposed to the stock seat. But the comfort is leaps and bounds better than the stock. I also researched the Daytona but just read too many great reviews on c&c so I gave them a try and am glad I did. But yea the stock seat puts your damn near right on the tank. At least it did for me and I'm about the same height as you but a couple more inches of inseam with mids also.
Good info. Thank you Sir.

Any chance of some side profile shots focusing on the seat, showing the battery box and shock mounts for reference?

The fact that the C&C looks lower than the Lapera makes me lean toward the Lapera. Here is a pic with what I think is the same era Dyna chassis that I have. In this pic it looks like the Lapera seat is much thicker in the rider seating area. A similar pic of your C&C would be so helpful to me. I checked the C&C website but the fastback pics are all 06 and later Dynas.

This is the best comparison pic I could find, but it is at a distance.

Last edited by parts eeter; 04-30-2013 at 11:46 PM.
Old 05-01-2013, 12:51 AM
fxdx-matt
Advanced

You bet. I'm on my phone right now but when I can get to my computer in the morning I will get you a side view that's well lit so you can clearly get the comparison your looking for.

Old 05-01-2013, 10:24 AM
parts eeter
Outstanding HDF Member

You bet. I'm on my phone right now but when I can get to my computer in the morning I will get you a side view that's well lit so you can clearly get the comparison your looking for.
Thank You

Old 05-01-2013, 04:43 PM
fxdx-matt
Advanced

Sorry the pics aren't quite as bright as I'd hoped it was sunny all day and got cloudy when I got home from work. So I got the full pic of the seat from the fuse box side but the ones from the battery side I took from front and rear angle because you can see the lines of the seat better than way. Last one, just thought I would give you an idea of the thickest portion of the rider seating area. If you need anymore don't hesitate to ask its just a few steps to the garage to get more.

Attached Thumbnails Lapera Daytona sport VS C&C Fastback 1996-03 Dynas-imag0178.jpg   Lapera Daytona sport VS C&C Fastback 1996-03 Dynas-imag0179.jpg   Lapera Daytona sport VS C&C Fastback 1996-03 Dynas-imag0180.jpg   Lapera Daytona sport VS C&C Fastback 1996-03 Dynas-imag0181.jpg  
Old 05-01-2013, 06:51 PM
parts eeter
Outstanding HDF Member

That looks really nice. The seating area looks thicker than I thought even at the front where I originally was thinking the Lapera was thicker. I think the C&C seat being profiled for the riders legs makes it look thinner from a side pic than what it really is, but Pic 2 shows that the C&C is actually taller than I thought.

The C&C looks more detailed and fit to the rider, compared to the Lapera.It sure looks like a comfortable seat that I could put 3-400 miles on in a day.

I guess the only questions I have is.

1. How long did it take you to recieve the C&C seat once ordered.

2.What material is your seat made of?

3. Is yours a standard issue fastback no custom specs?

4. How much was the price total to your door?

Thank You very much for your time.

Old 05-01-2013, 07:22 PM
fxdx-matt
Advanced

Yep I forgot to put that part in the last post about the c&c being trimmed where your legs go down the side so its kind of the illusion of it looking thinner. But to answer your other questions.

1. I think I got mine in about 7-10 days. I can't remember exactly but I was very surprised it got here that quick.

2. I paid a little extra (like $10) and got it in the mercedes textured vinyl. I liked it more because it kind of has that flat wrinkle black look to it.

3. Yes mine is just a basic run of the mill fastback. There are all kinds of stitch patterns and things but since I planned on my *** covering it most of the time I didn't bother paying extra for anything special. But there is the option.

4. I bought mine from American side road cycles because I could actually see the different options. I got a 10% discount but I can't remember if it was from the forum or if I just found a coupon code online, but shipping UPS ground is $0.01 (you read that correct). If I remember right I think it was like $286 to the door. But I THINK if you order directly from c&c they give you a forum discount as well.

Hope it helps. I know how you feel trying to choose because I was in the same boat about a year ago.

Old 05-01-2013, 07:45 PM
parts eeter
Outstanding HDF Member

Yep I forgot to put that part in the last post about the c&c being trimmed where your legs go down the side so its kind of the illusion of it looking thinner. But to answer your other questions.

1. I think I got mine in about 7-10 days. I can't remember exactly but I was very surprised it got here that quick.

2. I paid a little extra (like $10) and got it in the mercedes textured vinyl. I liked it more because it kind of has that flat wrinkle black look to it.

3. Yes mine is just a basic run of the mill fastback. There are all kinds of stitch patterns and things but since I planned on my *** covering it most of the time I didn't bother paying extra for anything special. But there is the option.

4. I bought mine from American side road cycles because I could actually see the different options. I got a 10% discount but I can't remember if it was from the forum or if I just found a coupon code online, but shipping UPS ground is $0.01 (you read that correct). If I remember right I think it was like $286 to the door. But I THINK if you order directly from c&c they give you a forum discount as well.

Hope it helps. I know how you feel trying to choose because I was in the same boat about a year ago.
You have helped me tremendously, I have made my decision based on the great pics and info you have given me. I will be ordering direct from Chuck at C&C.