Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does the stock street bob seat hurt anyone else's tailbone?

Old 05-01-2013, 08:27 PM
ActionPaxton
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does the stock street bob seat hurt anyone else's tailbone?

I have a 2008 Street Bob and the stock seat kills my tailbone after a good 30 minute to 1 hour ride. At first it's plenty comfortable then I just want to garage the bike for an hour or two. I'm looking at a Le Pera barebones gel seat, a mustang wide tripper, and the corbin hollywood solo... any suggestions? Also I have mid controls and I guarantee that's not helping, but that will come when I have an extra couple hundred after a new seat.

Old 05-01-2013, 08:39 PM
Jacoblb
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got a barebones. I love it. Prob firmer than my stock seat tho

Old 05-01-2013, 08:42 PM
ActionPaxton
Advanced

Originally Posted by Jacoblb
I got a barebones. I love it. Prob firmer than my stock seat tho
is it decent for longer rides? usually when i get on my bike i'm gone at least half the day and don't like to get off of it until it's time to eat, ****, or gas up.

Old 05-01-2013, 08:52 PM
! rock103 !
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 174 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by ActionPaxton
is it decent for longer rides? usually when i get on my bike i'm gone at least half the day and don't like to get off of it until it's time to eat, ****, or gas up.
I don't see how the barebones is gonna help you there...

Old 05-01-2013, 09:01 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

I didn't like the stock seat for the same reason. I sat on my tailbone but hardly contacted the rest of the seat.

I bought a Sick Saddle and never looked back. I do a lot of 4 to 6 hour days (B roads) and haven't been uncomfortable yet. I do take breaks about every 60 to 90 minutes, but I'd do that no matter what.

Attached Thumbnails Does the stock street bob seat hurt anyone else's tailbone?-image.jpg  
Old 05-01-2013, 09:01 PM
nevil
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 968 Likes on 731 Posts

I couldn't ride my stock seat for more than an hour without real discomfort. It had nothing to do with the mid controls, the cushioning sucked. Can't vouch for the barebones, but just from the name and looking at how thin it is I can't see how gel will help much. Now I have a Mustang Vintage and a Danny Gray Buttcrack that was modded with foam and gel. Even with the mods, the Danny Gray is nowhere as comfortable for me as the Mustang, which I can ride on all day.

Old 05-01-2013, 09:08 PM
ActionPaxton
Advanced

Originally Posted by SLV
I didn't like the stock seat for the same reason. I sat on my tailbone but hardly contacted the rest of the seat.

I bought a Sick Saddle and never looked back. I do a lot of 4 to 6 hour days (B roads) and haven't been uncomfortable yet. I do take breaks about every 60 to 90 minutes, but I'd do that no matter what.
Thanks man, and sick bike!!

Old 05-01-2013, 09:14 PM
ActionPaxton
Advanced

SLV, I just checked out sick saddles and they're cheap! Did you get gel or memory foam?

Old 05-01-2013, 09:18 PM
b00zer
6th Gear

20 - 30 miles and it starts to hurt. Cant wait for my Sick Saddle to get here.

Old 05-01-2013, 09:21 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Thanks dude.

I did not get the foam or gel. Ed, the Sick Saddles guy, told me that the gel is only needed for long days or big people. I'm 6'2" 200 lbs and have no issues. Ed uses much better quality foam compared to the stock seat,

You should write to him and give him your stats. He can add custom features like position changes and flip-ups in the back. I'm sure he can accommodate you.

BTW, I did get leather which costs a bit more. Still a great price for a hand made seat.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Does the stock street bob seat hurt anyone else's tailbone?