Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"T" Bars

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2013, 10:54 PM
izzyryder
Road Warrior
Received 86 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by hd4evr2008
Comfortable or not, they look really stupid to me! Almost comical.
To each their own.. I see guys with 16" apes, guys with 19" z-bars on baggers, etc. Lots of stuff looks just idiotic to me.. but so long as they're happy...

Old 05-11-2013, 10:56 PM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,070 Likes on 2,554 Posts

To me, they're drag bars with built on, tall risers. They're no taller than some ape hangers. They just have something in the middle, where ape hangers don't.

Old 05-11-2013, 11:34 PM
Crazy
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,516 Likes on 805 Posts

I've been riding motorcycles since 1965 and I've NEVER seen any bars that look like that!..........
I guess you don't get out much.

Old 05-11-2013, 11:48 PM
07bobber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

U don't understand them because u have never ridden with them... Give em a try and you'll understand

Old 05-12-2013, 06:33 AM
VIN1800
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Odelay
I ride with that kind of setup and can say I find it far more comfortable, especially for fast, aggressive riding. Mine are 12" and I can honestly say I feel I have far more control with that setup than any others I've ridden on a cruiser. Personal preference, I guess. I can say that here in CA you see it a lot more.
+1 Well said.

Old 05-12-2013, 07:03 AM
TGWN
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's a style/fad thing. If you watch SOA then you copy them. Watch the forum change when SOA brings back chrome and leather fringe.

Old 05-12-2013, 07:32 AM
hd4evr2008
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,838 Likes on 825 Posts

Originally Posted by TGWN
It's a style/fad thing. If you watch SOA then you copy them. Watch the forum change when SOA brings back chrome and leather fringe.
Exactly!! Fad!............ I repeat.............go back 10 years ago and show me ONE bike with risers that high! You won't find them because that wasn't the "fad" then! 10 years from now it'll be something else. 15 years ago, baggers were for old men............now everybody is customizing them. Those look really dumb, too. Kinda like hot rodding your dad's station wagon. Give it another few years and those'll be out of style. Ridiculous.

Like I said, I've been riding motorcycles since 1965, Been involved in motorcycles since I was 7 years old (uncle raced flat track) and there WEREN'T bars like that until just recently. Ape hangers, yea, they've been around forever, but not those weird looking things.

Anyway, I'm not going to tell you what to do with your bike. If you like them, that's fine. I just can't believe someone actually thinks they LOOK GOOD. That was my main question, not how comfortable they are, which I'm not buying either, BTW. As far as "control", well, like I said I've been involved in motorcycle racing for well over 50 years, and I haven't seen ANY race bikes, where CONTROL is of the utmost importance, with bars like that!! Wonder why? LOL

Last edited by hd4evr2008; 05-12-2013 at 07:40 AM.
Old 05-12-2013, 07:38 AM
junglejoe
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Matter of opinion..i have apes, my brother has the T bars...I don't like his bike, he doesnt like mine...I ride mine, he doesn't.same for him, he rides his, I don't..plain and simple

Old 05-12-2013, 07:59 AM
HrdNox
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 213 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by TGWN
Seen this coming a mile away.Kinda like "fast and furious"

Old 05-12-2013, 08:25 AM
izzyryder
Road Warrior
Received 86 Likes on 63 Posts

Exactly!! Fad!............ I repeat.............go back 10 years ago and show me ONE bike with risers that high! You won't find them because that wasn't the "fad" then! 10 years from now it'll be something else. 15 years ago, baggers were for old men............now everybody is customizing them. Those look really dumb, too. Kinda like hot rodding your dad's station wagon. Give it another few years and those'll be out of style. Ridiculous.

Like I said, I've been riding motorcycles since 1965, Been involved in motorcycles since I was 7 years old (uncle raced flat track) and there WEREN'T bars like that until just recently. Ape hangers, yea, they've been around forever, but not those weird looking things.

Anyway, I'm not going to tell you what to do with your bike. If you like them, that's fine. I just can't believe someone actually thinks they LOOK GOOD. That was my main question, not how comfortable they are, which I'm not buying either, BTW. As far as "control", well, like I said I've been involved in motorcycle racing for well over 50 years, and I haven't seen ANY race bikes, where CONTROL is of the utmost importance, with bars like that!! Wonder why? LOL
For someone riding since 1965 it's pretty obvious you don't really get out and ride much, and don't go to many places where there are other bikers. This whole thread wasn't a question but a way for you to mock something you don't like out the side of your mouth. Some of us like different things, and lots of us don't decide what we do to our bikes based on what you think is a fad. Saying as such shows that maybe you feel that's the type of mindset you have. You just like your bike stock...that's cool. Some of us don't care what anyone thinks and make it out own. We don't worry about fads and shows or what some tool on a forum thinks.

I'm sure you think a stock looking bike with buckthorns is where it's at. That's what looks good to you... Am I right? Get on with your bad *** self... Lol.

Btw.. No joke.. I really think its kinda sad that for someone riding as long as you have to really need to ask a question like this. It's like asking why people like ape hangers. You can just say you don't like em.. But you should understand. Especially if you do actually ride.

Quick Reply: "T" Bars