Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"T" Bars

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2013, 09:27 AM
Bone11B
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nope its something the skate scene came up with in the last 4 years....

Easy Rider - 1969

Old 05-12-2013, 09:46 AM
XFXDX
Road Master
Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts

What's more obvious than that homey don't ride much is that all he wants to do is start some "I been here longer than you..." BS.
Already you've dropped the "I ride since '65." trip! Get over yourself guy, your opinion is NOT more valid....

Do people stILL think this was created by a TV show? REALLY!?

I try to respect my elders, those that've spent more miles on a bike then I probably ever will, but sometimes...

you're just a KOOK!

Last edited by XFXDX; 05-12-2013 at 09:59 AM.
Old 05-12-2013, 09:47 AM
XFXDX
Road Master
Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Bone11B
Nope its something the skate scene came up with in the last 4 years....

Easy Rider - 1969

For the win!

Old 05-12-2013, 10:10 AM
emerican19
Road Warrior
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by hd4evr2008
Comfortable or not, they look really stupid to me! Almost comical.
"I don't mean to offend anyone or make them mad but they look stupid"

You've pretty much replied with the word "stupid" in every comment on the first page. Why ask a question then reply to everyone that their bars look stupid and ugly? Congratulations sir, you are a dick.

Old 05-12-2013, 10:13 AM
07bobber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

This style has been around California forever, your from OHIO no wonder u never seen em til u got on the Internet.

Old 05-12-2013, 10:21 AM
Crazy
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,515 Likes on 804 Posts

When did Harley riders get to be so uptight? And why?

Old 05-12-2013, 10:21 AM
hd4evr2008
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,837 Likes on 824 Posts

Originally Posted by emerican19
Congratulations sir, you are a dick.
Been called worse by better people!

BTW, that:

is not the same as this:

Anyway.............I wasn't trying to insinuate that I was better than anyone else when I mentioned how long I've been riding. I mentioned that because someone said that those bars had been around forever. I simply wanted to say, as long as I've been riding, I haven't seen them until just the last couple years. That's all. IMHO, those style bars are a recent fad, and I'm willing to bet that they'll be out of style just like OCC, Jesse James, and Big Dog motorcycles. Those custom built bikes were all the rage, selling for thousands of $$$$, now you can't even give them away. At least around here anyway. Those very same bikes that were selling for $30-40,000 are sitting in showrooms gathering dust with $8,000 price tags. Maybe I'm an old fart, like I said, I see I've stepped on some toes. Rereading my posts, I can see how that happened. I APOLOGIZE. I'm man enough to realize when I've overstepped the bounds. I have a really bad habit of having what I mean, not come out in what I say. The wife lets me know that constantly. That was not my intent. I just wondered about those t bars. I'll cease.

Last edited by hd4evr2008; 05-12-2013 at 12:58 PM.
Old 05-12-2013, 12:22 PM
izzyryder
Road Warrior
Received 86 Likes on 63 Posts

No problem.. You know we can be a testy bunch.

I think maybe the confusion on your end is that you view them as a fad, whereas they're really beyond that point. Are apes a fad? What about short drag bars? Maybe where you live and as often as you ride you don't see many bikes that have a non stock look.

I hate z-bars. Just don't like em. But I won't call them a fad because of it, or compare them to $40k OCC bikes (which doesn't even fit in your scenario). I understand why people may want them though.

As weird as they might look to you if you ever get a chance to ride with them you'll see they are extremely comfortable and make the bike fun to handle.

Green eggs and ham, Sam I am

Old 05-12-2013, 01:12 PM
macnab_sf
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hd4evr2008
I've been riding motorcycles since 1965 and I've NEVER seen any bars that look like that! Why have risers that are that tall? I'm sorry, but that just looks stupid to me. It screams "look at me". I can't believe someone who rides a motorcycle seriously, like goes places other than the local bar or dealership, would actually want bars like that. I gotta tell ya, most of the guys I ride with, (call us old farts if you want, but we've all been riding over 40 years) would laugh you off the road if you showed up with those things on your bike.
You're telling me you're claiming to be an old fart and you've never seen bars like this before?

Old 05-12-2013, 01:31 PM
Fargone11
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love Tbars and apes.... The beauty of bikes is you can customize them as you please. We each have our own preferences. I would never tell someone their choice is stupid or a fad because I like mine more. To each their own. If we all liked the same thing we would all have identical bikes!

Quick Reply: "T" Bars