Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What throwover bag fit that don'trequire turn signal and plate rrelocation 13sbob

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2013, 10:30 PM
gant
Road Master
Received 53 Likes on 25 Posts
Default What throwover bag fit that don'trequire turn signal and plate rrelocation 13sbob

Just need basic throwover for whenever I go on a long journey not something that I will use alot

Old 05-12-2013, 11:57 PM
JimmieJack
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Take a look at Foxcreek Leather. They are known for their jackets but they make some saddlebags too. I believe the Large Slant bags fit without relocation.

Good Luck

BTW - own one of their jackets ... quality stuff.

Jimmie

Old 05-13-2013, 06:30 AM
Jonesee
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 53 Posts

Any throwover that is built on the slant will work. Look in the gear for sale here, craigslist etc. Buy a used set for cheap.

As long as they are built on an angle to accomodate the Dyna or japanese bike shocks you are good to go.

That is the beauty of throwovers. Pretty much any size fits all.

Old 05-13-2013, 07:03 AM
Qdog002
Stellar HDF Member
Received 866 Likes on 546 Posts

Tourmaster makes some nice ballistic bags in different sizes that would do what you are looking for.

Old 05-13-2013, 07:17 AM
Jeff's 1st Harley
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I got mine at HD. They fit fine with out doing anything with the signals. Little pricey, but they work.

Old 05-13-2013, 03:48 PM
Govno
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

These are the ones I went with. They fit perfectly between my shock and turn signal. I can fit a lot of stuff in them. I have had them over a year now and love them!

http://www.chilhowee.net/motorcycle-...gs/SB2044.html

Attached Thumbnails What throwover bag fit that don'trequire turn signal and plate rrelocation 13sbob-img100.jpg  

Last edited by Govno; 05-13-2013 at 03:51 PM. Reason: forgot to add pic
Old 05-13-2013, 04:08 PM
Idaho Spud
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did the FoxCreek throwover bag. They are really high qualtiy and have a great old school look.

Old 05-13-2013, 04:30 PM
Odelay
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by gant
Just need basic throwover for whenever I go on a long journey not something that I will use alot
With your setup I see a lot of dudes sporting the tourmaster nylon slant bags, heard size medium is what fits on the SB without turn sig relo (not 100% sure on that).

Thinking of buying a set myself, just don't do enough daily riding to justify the FXDXT replicas.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tourmaster-N...d8ac5f&vxp=mtr

Old 05-13-2013, 04:45 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Odelay
With your setup I see a lot of dudes sporting the tourmaster nylon slant bags, heard size medium is what fits on the SB without turn sig relo (not 100% sure on that).

Thinking of buying a set myself, just don't do enough daily riding to justify the FXDXT replicas.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tourmaster-N...d8ac5f&vxp=mtr
Tour Master makes good stuff. It's not old school hand made stuff, but good quality.

Stupid question from someone the never used saddlebags.

Would I need some sort of rack or rails to keep these bags off the wheel and belt/pulley? These seem like a good investment for a few longer trips every year.

Old 05-13-2013, 04:55 PM
Danielc409
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Have you looked at the bad&g bags? I know they aren't throw over but are less than $400 bucks. They just strap on to the fender support. And good question SLV, been wondering that myself. The bad&g ones have another strap at the bottom, not sure what it attaches to.

One of their solo bags fits with side mount plates as well.

Quick Reply: What throwover bag fit that don'trequire turn signal and plate rrelocation 13sbob