Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street bob 2013?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 06:47 AM
valhalla rising
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Street bob 2013?

I may be going crazy but did Harley release two FXDBs this year?
Photos attached.
I was under the impression that the bike with the standard looking air cleaner is a 2013 and the bike with the old school shinny air cleaner is the custom model, also released in 2013? Am I right?
Any help?

Attached Thumbnails Street bob 2013?-fxdb.jpg   Street bob 2013?-fxdb-2nd-photo.jpg  
Old 05-14-2013, 07:07 AM
Jallie
Cruiser

what are the differences ? ( that I don't see )

Old 05-14-2013, 07:11 AM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I just had a look on the HD website and apparently you can now choose from several A/C covers. And while there I noticed the fatbob now has a new rear tire, but HD has stuck with the chunky fat front tire. = weird but what the hey.

Old 05-14-2013, 07:30 AM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

The one on the left has been modded (probably for a customer.) the tell is the fender mounted license plate bracket.

Someone probably ordered it from the H-D1 process.

In the US, they have only sold the FXDB (96" floor model) or the FXDBP (H-D1 order that can be had in 96" black or 103" in several other colors.). The H-D1 process allows for mods to the seat, bars, engine color, pipes, intake, paint, and bags (with required signal and plate relocation.)

Dealers are allowed to keep one shop designed FXDBP on the floor at any given time. Of course there are ways around that rule.

I saw someone from Australa mentioned a 13.5 FXDB custom, but I don't know what that is. The US data doesn't show that bike.

Old 05-14-2013, 07:50 AM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Here it is.

The Street Bob Limited FXDBA.

It's just a guess on my part, but it looks like Australia and New Zealand buyers don't have access to the H-D1 custom build process. It seems like HD is offering this "Limited" model as a means to give the market a custom Street Bob. The article only describes stuff that can be kitted through the H-D1 process in the US. It carries an additional 2k in Aussie dollars. In the US, the 103" is a $350 option, the red wheels are $500, and the paint is $750, so the cost is inline.

It's interesting that it comes stock with a fender mounted tag. Maybe side mounts aren't legal down under?

Old 05-14-2013, 09:17 AM
rs87277
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

That's a cool lookin bike

Old 05-14-2013, 09:52 AM
Jacoblb
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn.. that does look pretty cool.

Old 05-14-2013, 10:14 AM
Tomsprops
Advanced

I ordered my '13 FXDBP103 ( The HD1 bike have a "P" in the title) from the HD-1 program . It was a great way too do it . It only took 3weeks to have it built and delivered to my local HD Dealer .

Old 05-14-2013, 11:00 AM
savag118
Novice

I have the license plate relocation bracket on mine, doesn't look too bad really. Wanted detachables and only factory option. I was waiting for part, and was undecided(like look of side mount, more tire showing) till I ripped my jeans on side mount. Figured I would give it a try as I want detach bags/ sissy. Glad I did it. Now that I see the red wheels and the black/blue, red stripe paint, I like the look, but wonder if I would long term.Also wonder if they will fade... Still wish they would have had that paint in stock I would have got that. Still like my solid blue, but the tank on that is old school cool..........

Old 05-14-2013, 03:46 PM
Sparra
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SLV
Here it is.

The Street Bob Limited FXDBA.

It's just a guess on my part, but it looks like Australia and New Zealand buyers don't have access to the H-D1 custom build process. It seems like HD is offering this "Limited" model as a means to give the market a custom Street Bob. The article only describes stuff that can be kitted through the H-D1 process in the US. It carries an additional 2k in Aussie dollars. In the US, the 103" is a $350 option, the red wheels are $500, and the paint is $750, so the cost is inline.

It's interesting that it comes stock with a fender mounted tag. Maybe side mounts aren't legal down under?
You have hit the nail on the head there mate...Not legal down here...

Cheers...Sparra

Quick Reply: Street bob 2013?