Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Some important Bassani info for Guys with 2005 and older Dynas

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2013, 08:34 AM
Good_Apollo
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Some important Bassani info for Guys with 2005 and older Dynas

So I have had quite the saga with Bassani. When I originalyl got a pipe, I got the 1D12RB

A word of advice, if you have an 05 or older Dyna, DO NOT GET THAT PIPE! It lists fitment fro 91-13

The fitment was always terrible, too close to the frame, rattled against footpeg sometimes, horrible to install.

During all the wrestling on and off of this pipe over the past few years, I think my heat shields got bent because when I got them back from powder (to correct damage from installation) I didn't realize they were actually making hard contact with the head pipe so the powder burned up in one spot. I sent the shields back to the man, Joe the Powder Pro to re-do but I am fed up with the pipe at that point.

I ordered the Bassani 13222J which is basically the same pipe but lists fitment as 91-05.

This pipe fits like a glove, and even has stock style header pipes that are tapered to use stock gaskets, providing a fool-proof seal. The thing went on super easy, tons of clearance, and I am really happy even though I had to buy another pipe.

The old pipe is going to be sold at this point, possibly to my brother, but I have heard it fits great on 06 and newer bikes.

I spoke to Kurt at Bassani, and he echoed all of what I said above and that is why they came out with the 13222J, it is revised for fitment 3 or 4 times over the 1D12RB and it shows. Perfect fit now.

I would have got a different pipe, but my bike was already tuned for the Bassani